Thread: Possibly the best Combat Concealed pistol course available.

Feedback Score

Possibly the best Combat Concealed pistol course available.

LMS Defense Combative Conceal Carry -
    I have trained many times with Frank Proctor, Costa, VerTac, Salina's Swat (Generation Precision), LMS, Troy Garr, John Jardine, Northern Red, Guerrilla Approach and this LMS CCC course tops them all.

By far the best real world, hands on, force on force course that I have ever taken. LMS vets you before they allow you to take this advanced course. The focus of this course was mostly about gun retention and protecting yourself during an attack. Because this is an advanced course they didn't waste a lot of time with malfunction drills and marksmanship.

I believe that this course has only been offered to the public once before.
    Thankfully, It is a 1 day course. It is way to physical for me to do a back to back 2 day course.

Josh and Edgar did not spend a lot of time having us standing on the line shooting small plates. After a quick cold shot assessment, they went straight into face to face real world confrontation scenarios. Most scenarios were 1 on 1 but some were 8 on 1.

I was a nice mental and physical challange from the standard "move around barrels and shoot type courses". I would describe the course as a solid mix of Krav Maga and live fire. Again, this is definitely a very physical advanced course.

They consistently put you in controlled uncomfortable situations and then taught you how to deal with them in a real world way. By the end of the day all of us were very comfortable dealing with the different attacks.

One of the exercises was a guy in a bar throwing haymakers and knocking you to the ground. You had to use your feet to create space, protect your pistol (AWIB, IWB), draw and fire from your back utilizing 1 or 2 hands. In the heat of the exercise you had to choose whether to reload while on your back or use the slide locked pistol as a tool to get to your feet, create space and reload.

This course is not for the timid. The students get fairly physical with each other and there is a really good possibility that you might take a punch on the chin or a solid kick to the legs/groin.

There were A LOT or 2 minute drills of continuous low kicks, high knee kicks, palm punches, and hammer fists while being pummeled by "clap paddles" and shock knives. (Shock knives suck). Immediately after the 2 minute pummeling the instructor would yell out "UP" and shout fire commands on multiple targets with multiple shots that forced you to think and shoot accurately.
    Last edited by Tahoe333; 03-15-17 at 12:03. Reason: Grammer