Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideas on Marking a LH SAfety 870

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorgrizz27 View Post
    I'm confused as to what a LH safety entails. The cross bolt safeties I've worked with have all been switched to "fire" with the trigger finger, and back to "safe" with the thumb. For a lefty, it would just be the opposite, which should actually be faster if your hand is large enough to have a finger inside the trigger guard and hit the safety with your thumb at the same time.
    I am a big boy hand wise, also left handed, that does not work for me at any speed at all. 30 some years ago I trained myself to disengage the 870 safety with my trigger finger by putting it through the trigger guard. Well, danged, we learned things and that is no longer socially acceptable, fact that still bites me in the rear when working at speed in front of witnesses.

Need my daughter to follow safe gun handling as she's been taught, so converting this weapon. In the furture, will steer her and potential mates to Browning or Mossberg for purchases.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I am a big boy hand wise, also left handed, that does not work for me at any speed at all. 30 some years ago I trained myself to disengage the 870 safety with my trigger finger by putting it through the trigger guard. Well, danged, we learned things and that is no longer socially acceptable, fact that still bites me in the rear when working at speed in front of witnesses.

Need my daughter to follow safe gun handling as she's been taught, so converting this weapon. In the furture, will steer her and potential mates to Browning or Mossberg for purchases.
    Makes sense. I really like the 590's.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12