Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Methods for Handgun storage outdoors? Advice wanted.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Your gun should be on your hip at all times- especially since you described your area as rural.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    Maybe just maybe he has an alternative reason for this info and is just asking in roundabout way

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 09fatbob View Post
    Maybe just maybe he has an alternative reason for this info and is just asking in roundabout way
    No other motives. Just a simple request for ideas to keep a working pistol in decent shape.

I keep a gun with me to take care of nuisance animals like hogs, coyotes, venomous snakes, etc. thus a .44 special revolver is the right tool, that's what I'm using. Very pleased with my GP100 .44Special's accuracy.

Pistol case is next to the axe, tool bag, first aid kit, etc in the UTV front access hatch. It's always there, handy when needed.

Concerns are minimal for personal self defense while working, I'm rather isolated, especially in the back pastures. Occasionally see a neighbor back there if he wants to talk.

I got some great practical advice, thanks folks. Got the small Pelican case ordered. Will still keep pistol rubbed with light film of preservative oil.

Respectfully,
    RFA
    Last edited by Ready.Fire.Aim; 03-28-17 at 19:29.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I think this is what you want - http://amzn.to/2mNYBAP

ZCORR Anti Corrosion Velcro Pistol Bags have a velcro seal and have anti corrosion liner that stops rust. You could roll it up when not in use. They are great for long term storage but I think it would work for your requirements.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Great Grandpa kept Winchesters and Colts hanging from a peg in the barn and the line shacks long before stainless steel was invented. Keep that GP-100 lubed with gun oil or Mobil 1 and dessicant packs in that Pelican case. You'll need to perform cleaning and oiling on a regular basis and a little more often than usual to chase out the dust bunnies and keep it functioning 100%
    Last edited by MistWolf; 03-28-17 at 17:21.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Since you went pelican case, toss the open cell foam I am sure it is going to come with and order the closed cell. Closed cell has less of a chance to retain moisture. I have a pelican case and really like it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234