Thread: Lightweight BCG & .300 blackout... Stupid Idea?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Lightweight BCG & .300 blackout... Stupid Idea?

Trying to finish a stealth 2.0 build in .300 blackout and need a BCG. My usual go to BCG is the Young's Chrome M16 BCG's... But since this upper is more lightweight oriented I was thinking about a Lightweight BCG. Either Young's, AIM surplus, or other brand.... I'm going to have an adjustable gas block too.

Anyone have any experience with a .300 blackout & lightweight BCG?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's only more of a problem because there is subsonic ammo to add to tuning the cyclic rate.

Lightweight carriers suck regardless of caliber in reliability when dirty, cold, and or under lubed. Only ok for a fun or game gun in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    There's not much weight difference between a full auto and most 'lightweight' carriers, usually less than an ounce except for those 'skeletonized' carriers. There's a bigger weight difference between a std. and an H3 buffer. I'd just pick a good full or semi auto carrier and not worry about it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    It's only more of a problem because there is subsonic ammo to add to tuning the cyclic rate.

Lightweight carriers suck regardless of caliber in reliability when dirty, cold, and or under lubed. Only ok for a fun or game gun in my opinion.
    This advise is well rounded.

Feedback Score
    I have an 8.5" PSA that was choking on subs with a semi auto BCG and a std. weight buffer.
    Ran fine with supers but subs would barely move the carrier.
    Replaced them with an AIM lightweight nitride BCG and a Springco yellow buffer spring and it runs 100% now. I mainly run subs but I can drop an H3 buffer & std. spring for supers.

Feedback Score
    I use a RCA lightweight. The thing is a breeze to clean and awesome functionality. If you don't have an adj gas block you can also use an adjustable gas key with the rca

Feedback Score
    I have no idea what the RCA lightweight is, but for function, there are many reasons to keep the full mass carrier. There's more than a few timing events and others items to look at, considering function with 300 blackout for overall use.