Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comparison inquiry PA vs Vortex

Feedback Score

Comparison inquiry PA vs Vortex

I'm sure this has been answered either here or elsewhere before, but I haven't been able to find it searching through.

I'm looking at a 1-6x24 optic for my AR setup. I'm having to work around 300 bucks for a price point and have narrowed it down to either the PA 1-6x24 gen 3 or the Vortex Strike Eagle.

The reticles are similar enough that either will do for my needs and I'm going under the belief that neither is truly daylight bright when illuminated, so no clear winner there.

What it comes down to for me is glass clarity.

Has anyone been able to compare these side by side to see if one is noticeably clearer than the other? Even a late gen 2 PA would give me some point of reference.

Thanks!
    ABT

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Did a search for you. Maybe one of these will help. https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php?searchid=2189849

Feedback Score
    Ok, I know I'm nuts, but that link comes up empty when I click it.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    That's strange. The search was "pa vs strike eagle". Not sure why the link didn't work.

Feedback Score
    I love both but the Vortex warranty won it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    I really like Vortex as a company. I LOVE the ACSS reticle that PA uses.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    I love both but the Vortex warranty won it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Both come with a lifetime warranty now.
    "There is no nice way to arrest a potentially dangerous, combative suspect. The police are our bodyguards; our hired fists, batons and guns. We pay them to do the dirty work of protecting us. The work we're too afraid, too unskilled, or too civilized to do ourselves. We expect them to keep the bad guys out of our businesses, out of our cars, out of our houses, and out of our faces. We just don't want to see how its done."
    -Charles H. Webb, Ph.D.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattC View Post
    Very nice. Too bad it only appears to apply to the 1-6 SFP scope though. I was really interested in some of their other optics.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MattC View Post
    Not quite...

Primary Arms:
    What does this warranty cover?
    The Primary Arms Optics warranty covers both parts and labor costs during the stated warranty period, against any manufacturer defects or malfunctions due to materials or workmanship in your Primary Arms Optics branded product. In addition, the Primary Arms Optics Limited Lifetime Warranty includes wear and tear coverage for damage to the function of the product that may occur as a result of normal usage over time.

What does the warranty not cover?
    The warranty does not cover any product which was damaged because of misuse, abuse, neglect, carelessness, accident, alteration, or modification to the product. The warranty does not cover lost or stolen products. The warranty does not cover consequential damages (the cost of repairing or replacing other property damaged due to the malfunction of a Primary Arms Optics product).

Vortex:
    I know from experience, it doesn't matter how the damage occurred. On three different occasions I have busted scopes by accident, one was falling when hunting and landing on scope, the other was dropping gun and having it tumble a little ways down a mtn side, the third a co-worker dropped. All three were replaced no questions asked.
    Last edited by imaguy3; 03-18-17 at 13:15.

Feedback Score
    From PA's website...

"PA1-6X24SFP-ACSS-5.56 is protected by the Primary Arms Lifetime Warranty. If a defect due to materials or workmanship, or even normal wear and tear, has caused your product to malfunction, Primary Arms will either repair or replace your product. "

http://www.primaryarms.com/pa1-6x24s...4sfp-acss-5-56
    "There is no nice way to arrest a potentially dangerous, combative suspect. The police are our bodyguards; our hired fists, batons and guns. We pay them to do the dirty work of protecting us. The work we're too afraid, too unskilled, or too civilized to do ourselves. We expect them to keep the bad guys out of our businesses, out of our cars, out of our houses, and out of our faces. We just don't want to see how its done."
    -Charles H. Webb, Ph.D.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast