Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: *Edited* It's Official!! VP9SK is HERE!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    About time? Only about there zillionth carry model. Hk4, p7, uspc, p2000sk, p30sk and now this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    About time? Only about there zillionth carry model. Hk4, p7, uspc, p2000sk, p30sk and now this.
    How about a USPsc in V1? There is just something special about the USP series.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanCarbine View Post
    I like my Walther PPS M2 for CC but much prefer the paddle release on my VP9. A quick swipe with my trigger finger is much easier than my thumb on a button.
    I carry a PPS M2 most of the time as well. Forsee the SK getting some of that carry time in the future.
    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanCarbine View Post
    I like my Walther PPS M2 for CC but much prefer the paddle release on my VP9. A quick swipe with my trigger finger is much easier than my thumb on a button.
    Yes...the magazine release mechanism is a contentious issue with strong feelings on both sides. Walther has found that in the US, the button release reigns and has resulted in significantly increased sales of the PPQ M2 and PPS M2. I actually like the paddle release on my PPQ's, am completely ambivalent on my VP9, and significantly prefer the button release on my PPS M2 compared to the paddle release on my PPS Classic. I don't think that paddle release works all that well on a subcompact single stack, and I've found that the shorter paddle on the VP9 is a little cumbersome compared to the longer Walther version. I'm not sure how that short paddle would work on a subcompact double stack, but I'm skeptical that it would be an improvement.

It's one of those personal ergonomics decision. Nothing to prove superiority of one vs the other.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    As much as I like the VP series I just cannot see this replacing my PPS M2. Now if HK would just release another single stack I would be happy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    Now we are talking, my USPc .40 will get some rest.
    This was my first handgun. "compact" used to be a whole lot less

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    I keep thinking the sweet spot would be a grip-chopped VP9 with a 13rd mag, RMR, thumb safety and a push button mag release.

Can that be a thing? I want that to be a thing.
    You can make one...I did! see page 3 and 4...another guy on hkpro just did as well

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...highlight=vp9c

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VP9C View Post
    You can make one...I did! see page 3 and 4...another guy on hkpro just did as well

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...highlight=vp9c
    Sweeeeeet. I chopped my Gen4 G17 and I love it. I may be eyeballing the VP9 chop this summer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They are now here in the US at HK-USA - awaiting shipping.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any word on the VP9L?
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast