Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: *Edited* It's Official!! VP9SK is HERE!

Feedback Score
    I guess my VP9 does need a little brother.....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Great marketing move by HK. They'll sell a ton of 'em and certainly siphon off a lot of sales from the significantly inferior Glock 26 or M&P 9c. Personally, double-stack sub-compacts don't appeal to me. I have come to vastly prefer single-stack 9s for concealed carry and as attractive as the trigger mechanism of the VP9 series is for me, it doesn't outweigh the carry convenience of my Walther PPS M2. The fact that the VP9sk doesn't have a thumb button mag release, although a minor point, only makes me (a little) less inclined.
    Last edited by Hmac; 03-18-17 at 08:58.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Great marketing move by HK. They'll sell a ton of 'em and certainly siphon off a lot of sales from the significantly inferior Glock 26 or M&P 9c. Personally, double-stack sub-compacts don't appeal to me. I have come to vastly prefer single-stack 9s for concealed carry and as attractive as the trigger mechanism of the VP9 series is for me, it doesn't outweigh the carry convenience of my Walther PPS M2. The fact that the VP9sk doesn't have a thumb button mag release, although a minor point, only makes me (a little) less inclined.
    If it duplicates the SFP9SK options you will have a button release option and an external safety option.

http://www.heckler-koch.com/en/produ...-overview.html
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 03-18-17 at 10:07.

Feedback Score
    I keep thinking the sweet spot would be a grip-chopped VP9 with a 13rd mag, RMR, thumb safety and a push button mag release.

Can that be a thing? I want that to be a thing.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Me too. I actually found myself wishing for an enlarged Glock 43 with a Glock 19 side profile, sort of like a Kahr P9.
    Last edited by mkmckinley; 04-22-17 at 18:29.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    If it duplicates the SFP9SK options you will have a button release option and an external safety option.

http://www.heckler-koch.com/en/produ...-overview.html
    Yeah, a manual safety is a no-go for me, but although I prefer a button mag release, I've been comfortable with the paddle releases on my PPQs, my VP9, and my PPS Classic for several years.

Feedback Score
    Been waiting for this. Will definitely be picking one up to go with my full size VP9.

Used to be a button mag release guy, but have grown to really like the paddle release as done by H&K.
    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken1973 View Post
    Been waiting for this. Will definitely be picking one up to go with my full size VP9.

Used to be a button mag release guy, but have grown to really like the paddle release as done by H&K.
    I like my Walther PPS M2 for CC but much prefer the paddle release on my VP9. A quick swipe with my trigger finger is much easier than my thumb on a button.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Bravo HK!!! Awesome, I've wanted a companion to my VP and this fills the bill 100% *** RANT ON *** Its about time you at least try and cater to the USA Civy market.... Release some of those Euro only models here (which shouldn't be a big deal regarding importation points etc) and you'll be rolling in the dollars or euros or whatever you guys love to stuff in your bank accounts!! Do that with some more Semi rifles and you'll be good to go with USA shooters. Please, please please just don't F**** this up, we know you love to hate us but love our dollars more!!! Sorry cant help you with advice on LE contracts big or small BTW ... ***RANT OFF***

Feedback Score
    I was just about to pull the trigger on my first 320 (I've had a 250 for several years but the DAO trigger is very heavy, albeit smooth) and start down that rabbit hole, but this SK makes me wonder if I should change directions and go the VP route. I've carried a P2K for years at work, but the pull on the VP series is SO much nicer. Decisions, decisions...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast