Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuckable Holster For G19

Feedback Score

Tuckable Holster For G19

I've searched for an answer with no luck thus far, so hopefully my googlefoo just isn't off.

As the title says, I'm looking for a tuckable holster for my G19. I don't have any experience with tucking, but if I can swing it, I need the capability. I wear a business suit for work, so I just wear an OWB holster. When I dress casually, I either wear an OWB or IWB holster with an untucked shirt, depending on what I'm wearing. However, a very small percentage of my time is spent when neither is appropriate. I'd like to be able to carry with something like a tucked button up or polo shirt. Anyone have any experience with this?

I don't carry appendix. I prefer to carry between three and five o'clock. I'd also prefer kydex, but am open to leather if I'm directed to a quality holster that is durable and won't collapse.

Do the Incognito or Eidolon have the capability to tuck?

Any suggestions as to what would work as well as not look like I'm carrying a fanny pack inside my trousers?

Feedback Score
    I believe Bravo Concealment may have one that would work for you..depending on your pistol..I have one for an M&P FS 9mm that works great..I've only tucked my shirt in it 3 or 4 times (button downs) but it worked well for me..& their turnaround time was very quick.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    The Eidolon tucks and does it very well IMO.

Honestly though, your body type and the gun that you choose to conceal will be as much of a factor as the holster in how well it conceals.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantee View Post
    I believe Bravo Concealment may have one that would work for you..depending on your pistol..I have one for an M&P FS 9mm that works great..I've only tucked my shirt in it 3 or 4 times (button downs) but it worked well for me..& their turnaround time was very quick.
    How does your shirt look when it's tucked? Ive never used this type of holster.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wear a Crossbreed tuckable hostler most of the time. The holster conceals very well. The tuck at the holster is a little puffier than the rest of the shirttail but looks natural. Since I moved to this configuration, I don't think anyone even notices that I am carrying and the appearance is much dressier than shirttail out. The two clips are far enough apart to be unobtrusive.

Overall, I have been very pleased with the Crossbreed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by STAMarine View Post
    How does your shirt look when it's tucked? Ive never used this type of holster.
    I think if someone is looking for a gun.."at least on me" there'd be telltale signs. Tucking a shirt in wasn't optimal for myself..but I believe that has to do more with me wearing longish shirt tails to begin with as I normally carry untucked..than any fault of the holsters design..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantee View Post
    I think if someone is looking for a gun.."at least on me" there'd be telltale signs. Tucking a shirt in wasn't optimal for myself..but I believe that has to do more with me wearing longish shirt tails to begin with as I normally carry untucked..than any fault of the holsters design..
    It may not work for me either as I'm on the migit-ish side. I just see it as a capability gap. Everyone says "dress to the gun," but I don't always get to set the dress code. If I could wear my preferred Carhartt to work and forced social occasions, I'd be set. If a tuckable holster doesn't work, I guess I'm just out the cost of whatever holster I end up getting.

I get what you're saying, though. I always see some kind of bulge when I look in the mirror. I just hope others aren't as observant.

Feedback Score
    I use the m-tac/minotaur by comp-tac for pretty much all of my CCW. I don't often wear it tucked, but it is capable of it. A bonus to this holster is that it is leather backed and kydex faced like the crossbreed, but the kydex shell is removable. Thus if you change guns at a later date you can buy only the new kydex body and you're good to go.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The only holster that has worked out as a tuckable for me has been the MTAC. However, I generally go with Smartcarry or an ankle holster if extreme concealment is desired.

http://www.comp-tac.com/mtac-holster-10225

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Another vote for the m-tac. While not perfect it has never given me away. Blouse your shirt (no French fitted types) and you can relax. I also use a smart carry on occasion when deep concealment is required.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast