Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HD Penetration Testing...in the Home.

Feedback Score
    Instead of FMJ and SST in the AK they should have used Federal Fusion. I sense some bias towards the AK as a Home Defense weapon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don't know where you get that since they could have also used half dozen other brands that fall under SD in just about every gun.

There's also Winchester PDX1

Not one person I know with an AK stocks SD ammo for it. At least not anything US made

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 04-23-17 at 19:47.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorn View Post
    Instead of FMJ and SST in the AK they should have used Federal Fusion. I sense some bias towards the AK as a Home Defense weapon.
    As Arik states, there are plenty of worthy rounds that weren't included. Personally, yeah, there are some specific rounds I'd wished were added to the mix. But I'm not going to knock the guys. They still managed to use a number of loads that are likely loaded in SD/HD mags within the community. Their time. Their ammo. Their house

While they were a little less diverse with the AK loadings, I'm not sure it's full blown bias. It's likely just a product of their individual, real world preferences. I'm not invested at all in AKs. It's not that I don't think they're adequate or effective. I've just been satisfied with ARs for SD. Beyond SD, my remaining interest has been in stuff like .308, .45 and 9mm. Again, nothing against AKs. I've simply chosen to allocate resources towards other options.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post

Not one person I know with an AK stocks SD ammo for it. At least not anything US made

i have 500 rounds of 762x39 hornady 123gr SST for social occasions.
    Last edited by mr h; 04-24-17 at 15:22.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Cool

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For apartment use with stucco walls, given a choice of 5.56 ball or HP, .30 carbine ball, 9mm HP, .38 super auto HP, .38spl/.357 mag HP what would be best to avoid over penetration?
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    For apartment use with stucco walls, given a choice of 5.56 ball or HP, .30 carbine ball, 9mm HP, .38 super auto HP, .38spl/.357 mag HP what would be best to avoid over penetration?
    Thanks
    When I see people say that they are worried about over penetration, I immediately think "lack of skill or training." I would choose my ammo based on its ability to kill people, not how well it doesn't do when I miss.

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    When I see people say that they are worried about over penetration, I immediately think "lack of skill or training." I would choose my ammo based on its ability to kill people, not how well it doesn't do when I miss.

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. Especially when listing cartridges fired from widely different platforms ranging from semi auto rifles to revolvers.

Pick a platform that you can reliably make hits with then go from there.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 06-25-17 at 22:07.

Feedback Score
    I fired a 45acp HST 230gr from a 1911 5" through a 10" mattress, 8" boxspring, through the carpet and into the cement floor and it took a chunk of cement out of the floor.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The information in the video is nice to know, but does not affect how we train.

My primary concern is projectile performance in soft tissue. I write instructional material applicable to home defense training based on the assumption the projectile is going to penetrate a wall and could strike an unintended target.
    Train 2 Win

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast