Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KAC SR-15 E3 Mod 2 URX 4 removal

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdubya View Post
    Is this what you're wanting for the URX 4 removal? I'm not exactly familiar with the URX, but that looks to be the wrench that is included in the purchase of the rail.

As far as the wrench for the gas block, my google-fu wasn't able to turn up any leads.
    The wrench that comes with the URX4 rail is pretty much pointless on the Mod2 until you can get the gas block nut and block off. The wrench itself for the rail is very common. That IMO would be the least of the worries in the disassembly of a MOD2.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    As a non mod 2 owner, this may be a stupid question, but could you remove the gas tube to get the rail off, then deal with the block later? Or would that not be possible or not help at all?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    As a non mod 2 owner, this may be a stupid question, but could you remove the gas tube to get the rail off, then deal with the block later? Or would that not be possible or not help at all?
    No because there is no way to access the AN fitting attaching the gas tube to the gas block.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've checked Operation Parts several times before but they've always been out of stock on the wrench for the rail. They do have a couple now though it is useless without a way to take the castle nut off of the gas block. Since the crickets are still chirping on that one, I guess I'll have to do some tool making if I want to do it myself.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    No because there is no way to access the AN fitting attaching the gas tube to the gas block.
    This.. and even if you could, you still can't turn the rail as it would hit the gas block. Even taking the castle nut off for the gas block, you still have to pull the block off about 1/4 inch for the index slot to clear before it would even turn. So no go any way other then removing the nut, removing the block, and then removing the rail.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Dumb question, but have you actually asked Knight's to see if they do or would sell it?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    Dumb question, but have you actually asked Knight's to see if they do or would sell it?
    Unless you are a Knights Certified Armour the answer has always been no.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12