Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swageit for RL550B

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    For those who have used the Dillon Super Swage, have yall had any issues with the swage being off center where only half of the crimp was taken out? Also, did y'all have issues with different headstamps swaying differently from each other (some too much and some not enough)?

Sorry for the slight off topic, but the Swageit looks like a good solution...but just curious if my Super Swage was just set up wrong.

Feedback Score
    Get the centering inserts from Inline Fabrication (mash me). I have one and it works great.

My other little trick is I take a black sharpie and draw a line across the bottom of my 223 reloads. When I'm picking up my brass and any other that is left behind I can easily sort my brass that I know is swaged already from the rest. I'll clean them separately and throw them in the "Clean, deprimed & swaged" bin. I have a single stage press and a super swage mounted on a grinder stand so I can deprime and swage while watching TV. I swage all my 223 because it's as quick to look as it is to swage while watching TV.

Feedback Score
    Oh and be careful on Inline Fabrication's web site, I've bought a ton of his stuff. It's easy to do!

Both my 650s are set up with the following:
    Ultra mounts, dual bins, skylights, bin barriers, tool head stands with the wall storage system, and primer tube racks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    For those who have used the Dillon Super Swage, have yall had any issues with the swage being off center where only half of the crimp was taken out? Also, did y'all have issues with different headstamps swaying differently from each other (some too much and some not enough)?

Sorry for the slight off topic, but the Swageit looks like a good solution...but just curious if my Super Swage was just set up wrong.

I haven't had any issues. I do have to move the swaging pin slightly to center it in the primer pocket as I press down on the press handle. If I do my part, the Dillon Super Swage does it's job.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HMM View Post
    Oh and be careful on Inline Fabrication's web site, I've bought a ton of his stuff. It's easy to do!

Both my 650s are set up with the following:
    Ultra mounts, dual bins, skylights, bin barriers, tool head stands with the wall storage system, and primer tube racks.
    Darn, I could see how that could happen. Could you give me a run down on the Skylight in terms of usefulness. I have a 550 with a casefeeder.

Feedback Score
    I love it, it illuminates everything nicely. I didn't use the side lights that stick to the side of the press, only the top light that fits perfectly in the hole of my tool head. I have decent light in my reloading room upstairs so that helps as well. And I'm just shy of 40 so my eyes are still good.

I mainly like it because it makes it easy to look into the pistol brass to visually see the powder charge. I have the dillon powder check but I like to visually see down in there before putting the bullet in.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12