Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swageit for RL550B

Feedback Score

Swageit for RL550B

I keep getting advertisements on my fb feed for the "swageit" aftermarket dillon swager for the 550B. It is marketed as superior to the other aftermarket dillon swaging units.

Curious if anyone has used one and what their thoughts are.

I am aware that these void Dillon's warranty as someone always asks that question on their advertisement afterwhich they resolve concerns by pointing to their ebay reviews.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is the first time I've seen this device. If I have to go to the trouble of removing the primer feeder from my Dillon reloader, I would be expending more time that I already am.

For the price of the Swage It, I would buy another Dillon Super Swage 600 if I had to replace mine. https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...productId/3086 I mounted my Super Swage to a 2" x 6" and can store it out of the way when it's not in use to conserve bench space.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    A friend has the Super Swage and it seems to do the job nicely.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    This is the first time I've seen this device. If I have to go to the trouble of removing the primer feeder from my Dillon reloader, I would be expending more time that I already am.

For the price of the Swage It, I would buy another Dillon Super Swage 600 if I had to replace mine. https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...productId/3086 I mounted my Super Swage to a 2" x 6" and can store it out of the way when it's not in use to conserve bench space.
    That seems to be a sticking point for me too. I could probably justify doing that for large batches, but for small batches the off press methods suffice.

Feedback Score
    I've got one on my 650xl It works great, Less than ten minutes to do change over,
    On a 650 2 allen bolts for primer punch support bracket, then the primer seater assy, (1 bolt)
    I run it with my separate tool head for prep, station 1 decap size, station 2 swagit, station 3(empty), station 5 dillon rt1200 trimmer, station 6 empty
    Some variation of this should work on a 550, inferring your running a case feeder, saving time by doing all rifle case prep at one pass saving time
    As I rarely prep less than 500 cases at a time the change over time is a nonissue to me, If I have more say 2000 and I'm feeling lazy i trade it out to another forum member who runs a 1050.
    Last edited by Travelingchild; 03-19-17 at 09:19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Travelingchild View Post
    I've got one on my 650xl It works great, Less than ten minutes to do change over,
    On a 650 2 allen bolts for primer punch support bracket, then the primer seater assy, (1 bolt)
    I run it with my separate tool head for prep, station 1 decap size, station 2 swagit, station 3(empty), station 5 dillon rt1200 trimmer, station 6 empty
    Some variation of this should work on a 550, inferring your running a case feeder, saving time by doing all rifle case prep at one pass saving time
    As I rarely prep less than 500 cases at a time the change over time is a nonissue to me, If I have more say 2000 and I'm feeling lazy i trade it out to another forum member who runs a 1050.
    Cool thanks for the feedback.

Feedback Score
    Forgot to mention, Make sure there are

POSITIVELY NO PRIMERS IN TUBE, OR ELSEWARE IN PRIMER ASSY,,

That would not end well!

Feedback Score
    Forgot to mention, Make sure there are

POSITIVELY NO PRIMERS IN TUBE, OR ELSEWARE IN PRIMER ASSY,,

That would not end well!
    Haha indeed. I always run my feed empty before ending a session.

Feedback Score
    Just noticed your in Utah, I'm in JH are you a sled neck the Hill Climb is next week.

Feedback Score
    Just noticed your in Utah, I'm in JH are you a sled neck the Hill Climb is next week.
    I'm not a sled guy but mad props to you guys who attempt to defy the laws of physics on those hills. This winter must have been epic with 40ft + of snowfall this winter!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast