Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magpul QD Swivel socket

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Magpul QD Swivel socket

I just bought a sling mount kit from Brownells / Magpul for my magpul fixed stock MOE.

IT came with socket but no screw. Also, the stock has the little screw / nut receiver.

Anybody have any idea what screw or nut size I could go to ACE HARDWARE and get.

I know it's a long shot, but thought I'd ask.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I don't know what your time frame is but can you wait to contact magpul and see if they can snail mail you one?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    I don't know what your time frame is but can you wait to contact magpul and see if they can snail mail you one?
    This. If you email them explaining tge situation they should be able to mailyou the screw without problem. Had a trigger guard from them missing the bolt and emailed tgem, had one in a the mail the next day.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Check with brownells too... they will either help you or replace it

It should have come with a bolt, nut, and socket.

Did you say the stock had a nut and bolt? If so can you those ?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Crazydave; 03-19-17 at 18:31.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazydave View Post
    Check with brownells too... they will either help you or replace it

It should have come with a bolt, nut, and socket.

Did you say the stock had a nut and bolt? If so can you those ?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Interesting. I bought one a few years back and it did not come with any hardware.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That is correct, it came with no hardware. And called it a "kit".

Anyway, ACE IS THE PLACE FOR YOUR HELPFUL HARDWARE MAN.

Done deal. I did send request to magpul. Before I resolved it on my own.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    Interesting. I bought one a few years back and it did not come with any hardware.
    No, the stock didn't per say, but it looked like it worked via nut and bolt. It's not how I did it, but that's how magpul designed it. For their nut and bolt approach, not like with one screw like ACS L stocks do.

I just drove a hex screw in it and locked it down. Many different ways to skin a cat.

PB.

Feedback Score
    IIRC, the threaded socket (Type 2) does not come with hardware, but the Type 1 should come with the HW kit shown in the picture posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    IIRC, the threaded socket (Type 2) does not come with hardware, but the Type 1 should come with the HW kit shown in the picture posted here.
    OP: Glad you got it fixed on the quick with Ace.

Type I:
    Sling Mount Kit – TYPE 1 can be added to either side of the SGA®, MOE® Rifle, MOE® Fixed Carbine, MOE® AK, Zhukov-S, Hunter 700, and Hunter X-22 Stocks for use with push-button QD Sling Swivels or our own Magpul® QDM. Heavy-duty black phosphatized steel construction easily installs with provided hardware. Swivels not included

b5d7bd4dcc95e777810856ebf537f5d4.jpg

Type 2:
    TYPE 2 can be installed on the opposite side to add additional push-button QD Sling Swivels or our own Magpul® QDM. Additionally, for running ambidextrous sling swivels on the SGA®, MOE® Rifle, MOE® Fixed Carbine, MOE® AK, Zhukov-S, Hunter 700, and Hunter X-22 Stocks, this TYPE 2 Kit must be utilized in conjunction with the optional TYPE 1 Kit.
    type2.jpg
    Last edited by Crazydave; 03-20-17 at 10:36.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thanks guys. Good info.

PB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast