Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FSB removal and re-installation: FSB alignment...

Feedback Score
    Related question - how consistent are the dimensions of FSBs? For example, if the original poster wanted to go back to a FSB, could he just install a new one with the same taper pins in the same holes and expect the gas port to still line up? I would expect that the answer is yes, at least with a spec FSB...

Feedback Score
    I just read that the taper pin holes are drilled in a jig with the FSB on the barrel. So, I imagine the answer is no unless you drill a new FSB in the same jig. Sorry for the noise.

Feedback Score
    Yes, but it's not ideal. ADCO can do the work and maybe a few other places, but I think it's cost prohibitive to scrap the original and have a brand new one installed down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by slimedog View Post
    Related question - how consistent are the dimensions of FSBs? For example, if the original poster wanted to go back to a FSB, could he just install a new one with the same taper pins in the same holes and expect the gas port to still line up? I would expect that the answer is yes, at least with a spec FSB...

Feedback Score
    Yes, the FSB and barrel are drilled together as an assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by slimedog View Post
    I just read that the taper pin holes are drilled in a jig with the FSB on the barrel. So, I imagine the answer is no unless you drill a new FSB in the same jig. Sorry for the noise.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234