Thread: A1 upper chambered in 300blk

Feedback Score

A1 upper chambered in 300blk

Ok so I want to build another .300blk but I want a dizzy build similar to this photo IMG_2696.JPG
    what problems do y'all think i might run into. Im thinking sights might be the biggest issue for this build since the irons are designed for 5.56
    Last edited by ClassIIIGunsmith; 03-18-17 at 18:09.
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I could only see 300 BLK being an issue with sights if you wanted to dial range with an A2 rear, it wouldn't match 5.56 trajectory.

I believe for carbine gas you may need to trim some of the heatshield on A1 handguards.

If you get a barrel turned down for a .625 FSB there won't be any shoulder behind the threads. So a mount that stops on the muzzle or a .750 FSB will be needed.

Some 300 BLK ammo may need M4 ramps to feed reliably.

Feedback Score
    You can't go quite as small of a diameter with a 30 caliber barrel vs a 22 caliber barrel. I don't know if you can reasonably do an A1 profile. On the other hand, since you won't have much exposed barrel, it won't matter much for looks.

I doubt you'll have any problems with sights as long as you don't expect the range adjustment to be accurate (I don't think anybody I know regularly uses the large aperture either).

Feedback Score
    I'm not really worried about a .625 profile since I'm already not doing a true clone so being 100% accurate isn't a big deal. Was looking at buying the psa .300blk dizzy upper and remove the upper. If needed I would add m4 feed ramps. I've done a dizzy with my son before never had an issue with the low profile under the heatshield but did at the fsb because of the screw holding the end cap on. would a pig tailed pistol length gas tube be a good idea since I'm planning on running it suppressed only? So there's no problems sight wise that good.
    Last edited by ClassIIIGunsmith; 03-18-17 at 22:20.
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Pistol gas is not at all extreme on the 300 BLK due to the pressure curve, no need for any adjustment suppressed in my opinion.

I'd expect that barrel to have M4 ramps, maybe you can find a C7 style upper with ramps to match.

Feedback Score
    IMG_2705.jpg
    Not on the lower/upper it will be on. All I need is a 51T aac brakeout for my can, NDS lower, A1 stock, A1 pistol grip, and if anyone has an A1 slabside small pin upper that they would like to sell for $150ish Im all ears.
    - Anonymous
    - Albert Einstein
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    - Anonymous
    - Albert Einstein
    - Robert Heinlein