Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Exploring the Limits of the AR Pistol

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    As a long time AR pistol shooter, I can tell you from experience that an Aimpoint Micro is the way to go
    Yes. Having used a few 30mm Aimpoints on carbines in the past, I can certainly see the advantage of a micro version on an AR pistol: faster target acquisition and more forgiving of a less-than-perfect hold that would prevent alignment of iron sights.

That said, my astigmatism prevented me from getting much precision with them, thus my move to a LPV on the carbine - I could shoot tighter groups at 50 yards with irons than I could with a RDS. But for the level of precision needed for a limited-range PDW, a RDS with folding BUIS might work for me. A Trijicon MRO would be on my short list as well.
    Last edited by Canonshooter; 04-16-17 at 10:41.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you're interested in another muzzle device, check out Noveske's KX3. From my personal observations you'll have almost completely eliminated flash, more centered recoil (being a linear comp) and a just noticeable reduction in perceived report for the shooter.

And it'd look pretty sleek combined with your kmr.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leuthas View Post
    If you're interested in another muzzle device, check out Noveske's KX3.
    It was on my short list and I agree, a great choice for short barrels. What steered me away was the weight: 7 ounces vs. 3.5 for the EFAB.

The EFAB is loud (much more so than the KX3 no doubt) but comps and flash-suppresses very well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    By the time you go with a 7 oz muzzle device, you might as well go all the way and get a suppressor
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    By the time you go with a 7 oz muzzle device, you might as well go all the way and get a suppressor
    That's my thinking as well. Or when I'm ready for a suppressor pick up a 300 BO upper to put it on. :-)

Feedback Score
    I have found that using a 62 gr bullet from freedom munitions in my 10.5 in radical arms pistol tightens up groupings at 50 yds. I use a PA red dot and a cmc 3.5 lb trigger. This pistol has an adjustable AA piston kit and I use a harvester can on it. Have taken several yotes and hogs with this setup as far as 100 yds. Use a green laser/light for night time action. Have also used their hog hammers with great effect, but not as accurate as the 62 gr.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Htown AR View Post
    This pistol has an adjustable AA piston kit.
    I'm looking at a 7.5 AA piston upper for my pistol, any issues so far? What buffer and spring are you using, standard carbine?

If you're interested in another muzzle device, check out Noveske's KX3
    I've been looking at the newer KX5 which is suppose to be smaller and lighter, have you tried this model yet?

Canonshooter, that's a good looking AR pistol and I found a couple good bit of info from your thread to use. What part of NH are from, I was born and raised in Lancaster NH in the northern part of the state.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    Nonissues at all with AA kit, chose 10.5 so it would still be a carbine, adjustable gas block for suppressor. Run a harvestor can mostly but have some big honking brakes to redirect flash and sound. Barking Spider II and cookie Cutter, both work well for moving sound and fury forward of shooter.
    Last edited by Htown AR; 06-04-17 at 17:08.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123