Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder or Self-Defense if Officer Is Killed in Raid? (No-Knock Raid Thread)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Other than the terrorist in Boston, where have criminals used IED in the USA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Not trying to be snarky as this has been a far more intelligent thread than I thought would happen but:

The San Bernadino couple (albeit devices failed)
    Unabomber
    Olympic Park
    Columbine (though devices failed)
    Oklahoma City

There is precedent.

Honestly, a single guy with a gun has never bothered me as much as a guy with a knowledge of explosives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    And don't forget the Time Square Bomber https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010...ombing_attempt

Truth be told, the use of IEDs has a rich history in America's gang culture:
    https://cops.usdoj.gov/html/cd_rom/s...angmembers.pdf

However, my IED comment was in reference to just last year when the Dallas PD created an IED and delivered it by robot to kill a barricaded sniper suspect: https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nat...TiK/story.html

The Bath School disaster, sometimes known as the Bath School massacre, was a series of violent attacks perpetrated by Andrew Kehoe on May 18, 1927, in Bath Township, Michigan, that killed 38 elementary schoolchildren and 6 adults and injured at least 58 other people.[Note 1] Kehoe killed his wife and firebombed his farm, then detonated an explosion in the Bath Consolidated School, before committing suicide by detonating a final device in his truck. It is the deadliest mass murder to take place at a school in United States history.[1][2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

EDIT: I am impressed that this thread hasn't gone "south". I salute all who have commented, personally speaking, it has been very educational and enlightening.
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 03-23-17 at 19:30.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Who needs a warrant, when you can run over them. Certainly much more effective

Article: http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/new...ng-on-officers

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    While it has nothing to do with no knock warrants.....

If you are a fat girl with a revolver; dont try to outrun a police car on foot It never ends well.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

If you are a fat girl with a revolver; dont try to outrun a police car on foot It never ends well.
    Officer is on paid leave. He should get a medal. In this instance, his actions seem to be perfect. He ran her over which meant he didn't expose himself or civilians to lead in the air. Reasonable action under the circumstances. Hopefully his patrol unit didn't get too dirty so as to require extra attention. Running a MF'er over is GTG in certain situations.

Seemed like he may have slightly goosed it when he knew she was under/going under. Hope a tire spun on her face.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I stated that when I posted the video.

Plus she was in a Gun-Free School Zone, therefore the officer had to use his vehicle.

The incident occurred on the 18th and released to local TV within days, is amazing.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I've been toying with the notion for awhile and thought about storing the footage via cloud as a physical DVR can be compromised. But there are concerns with who can access the footage even there, hackers.

Did your setup have audio as well?

I understand how a house's phone lines, power/gas/water, internet/wifi can be shut off prior to a raid is that what you mean by cutting communications? I haven't researched into it but there is systems that are independent albeit expensive.

PM if need be as the subject matter is sensitive.
    What's worse: Private individuals gaining access to your camera system's records or the state destroying your camera system's records?

(Admittedly, if the state wants to, they can destroy your records as easily or even more easily than a private individual can hack them. However, this is not a capability possessed by the average law enforcement official who just realized that they kicked down the door to the wrong house.)
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    What's worse: Private individuals gaining access to your camera system's records or the state destroying your camera system's records?

(Admittedly, if the state wants to, they can destroy your records as easily or even more easily than a private individual can hack them. However, this is not a capability possessed by the average law enforcement official who just realized that they kicked down the door to the wrong house.)
    There both bad scenarios as we are taking about footage of one's family from inside their own home.

After lawsuits like the one mentioned above by a member, I have no doubt bad raids (wrong house) end in looking for and collecting private security footage.

Hidden cameras are the way to go and keeping your mouth shut about them. One should never speak as a rule of thumb and invoke their right to council.

One of the tells of stash houses is outside CCTV cameras so if a raid team finds cameras it will just add to their suspicion and the "ah hah we got him now".
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Officer is on paid leave. He should get a medal. In this instance, his actions seem to be perfect. He ran her over which meant he didn't expose himself or civilians to lead in the air. Reasonable action under the circumstances. Hopefully his patrol unit didn't get too dirty so as to require extra attention. Running a MF'er over is GTG in certain situations.

Seemed like he may have slightly goosed it when he knew she was under/going under. Hope a tire spun on her face.
    NO shit.

She fired multiple shots at them while attempting to flee = deadly force g2g.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don’t know anything about the web site, but if accurate, very scary.

Death At Your Door: Knock-And-Talk Police Tactics Rip A Hole In The Constitution

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...e-constitution
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 03-31-17 at 12:52.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Don’t know anything about the web site, but if accurate, very scary.

Death At Your Door: Knock-And-Talk Police Tactics Rip A Hole In The Constitution

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...e-constitution
    http://www.wesh.com/article/judge-ru...n-2012/4436748

It is Pure BS and the fact that a judge threw out the case because Scott had a firearm.

"By any measure this is a tragic case. The court sympathizes with the plantiffs' loss. Andrew Scott made a fateful decision that night: he chose to answer his door with a gun in his hand. That changed everything. That is the one thing that - more than anything else - led to this tragedy."

That judge needs some retraining on the law.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast