Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder or Self-Defense if Officer Is Killed in Raid? (No-Knock Raid Thread)

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I did a speech on this a couple years ago for a communications class.

I can't remember specifics, but the number of no-knock raids for trivial BS has increased exponentially over the last decade. It's led to a lot of innocent people having their doors kicked in, some getting shot and even a toddler permanently disfigured by a flashbang grenade.

The conclusion I came to is that most of the time there's no legitimate reason for a SWAT raid other than guys wanting to play Delta operator for the day.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Sorry guys but... When you bust someone's door down in the middle of the night you should expect to be shot! No Knock warrants are bullshit.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I got some strong opinions about no knocks that I wont share beyond....

Unless someone is potentially going to die; they are not worth it. If they flush their dope; oh well. It's still gone.

A lot that can go wrong so it better be literally life or death.
    Multiple notable cases in GA. (Flash-bang dropped in a baby's crib, bogus non-judicial warrants leading to midnite swat raids. And the red-dog old lady shooting)

Add in the "let's roll the bearcat sniper team" aspect like the kid in Cherokee county, and it's sobering

Causes more (fatal) problems than its worth.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Multiple notable cases in GA. (Flash-bang dropped in a baby's crib, bogus non-judicial warrants leading to midnite swat raids. And the red-dog old lady shooting)

Add in the "let's roll the bearcat sniper team" aspect like the kid in Cherokee county, and it's sobering

Causes more (fatal) problems than its worth.
    YUUUP.

I get that people want to be "aggressive" but sitting down with a body count over weed and maybe meth is pretty heavy.

It's a game. These people will be screw ups their entire life. You will catch them eventually without recreating the Iran Hostage Embassy.
    Which, despite being a military operation, would have met the exceedingly high litmus for a no knock.

FWIW I wish they would decriminalize it all. If you want to OD or catch HIV or be shiftless your whole life, have fun. Better them than me.

Absolutely not worth killing or dying over.

Plus all these "CIs" are snitches trying to make a deal. They'd pin the Lindbergh Caper on their own mother if it would help.

So if the Oakley squad wants to be super hooah with shaved heads and goatees they can do it without me.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Sorry guys but... When you bust someone's door down in the middle of the night you should expect to be shot! No Knock warrants are bullshit.
    Don't commit crimes and you won't get shot by the police in the middle of the night.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Don't commit crimes (or have neighbors that commit crimes) and you won't get shot by the police in the middle of the night.
    Fixed it for you.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dist. Expert 26 View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    You're on your way to a ban, man. Hoping to steer you away from the BS you are espousing because this forum doesn't tolerate that kind of talk.

Police have a lot of techniques in their toolbox. One of those is no-knocks. Banning them outright is a dangerous practice for LEOs and the civilian population.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In all fairness, there are highly extenuating circumstances that would facilitate a no knock. It would have to be predicated on preservation of life (hostage, kidnapping) and would require a lot of rehearsal. Like a lot.

Feedback Score
    In my opinion cops who get shot and killed on a no knock are deserving of no more legal protection or standing than a common home invader. If I were on a jury for some poor bastard accused of killing a cop who was doing a no knock, there is no way in hell I elect to convict them. I don't give a **** how bad of a shit bag they are, by not knocking the police reduce the ability of the person in the dwelling to decide to not shoot the unknown hostiles coming in the door.

If I were on a jury where a cop was on trial for killing the wrong person in the wrong dwelling on a no knock, well I'm voting they go to jail for as long as possible.

When the wrong house is hit on one of these all the officers involved should be immediately terminated, charged with breaking and entering, and the department should be liable for all damages.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    You're on your way to a ban, man. Hoping to steer you away from the BS you are espousing because this forum doesn't tolerate that kind of talk.

Police have a lot of techniques in their toolbox. One of those is no-knocks. Banning them outright is a dangerous practice for LEOs and the civilian population.
    You know what, you're right. I've seen the error of my ways. I now believe that every tactical team should be equipped with a Bradley, MH-6 and enough C4 to recreate Hiroshima.

Want to sell weed? Better kiss your house goodbye. And the houses within blast radius of that chain gun.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast