Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Who carries a spare mag for their pocket pistol?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    SAINTS BE PRAISED- I have wanted a horizontal mag carrier forever..THANKS for the link to this!
    I use a Wilderness Tactical horizontal mag carrier, very good retention and is held onto the belt by a stout hook and loop strap. I find it necessary to put it behind a belt loop to keep it from sliding as I extract the magazine.

I don't carry a bug, probably should, maybe when I have the funds.. My regular carry is a 8 round SIG P225 so I always carry a spare magazine.

Feedback Score
    I use a DeSantis pocket mag packer to carry a spare mag for my LC9. Can also be found on Amazon.

http://www.desantisholster.com/MAG-PACKER

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    No spare mags. Not going to happen on average. If I'm going some place a night, I'll accassionly stash one, if the place is sketchy.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It may not be as fast as a belt mag holder but I usually use an Uncle Mike's pocket holster Size 1 for LCP or G43 mags, Size 3 for G19 size mags. I also carry a second knife in the back pocket which sits right next to the mag pouch and helps keep it vertical.

I've tried the 45 degree angled ones but find that a) it's not comfortable, b) i can't access it as fast, c) I worry about magazine deformation, d) it prints much more obviously than the vertical carry of the Uncle Mike's. Your mileage may vary.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Shield 9 in left front pocket. 7 round flat mag in watch pocket bullets down.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    One (or two) off-body, nearby and one in a front pocket, opposite the handgun.
    I carry a M&P Shield in my front pocket and a spare mag the off pocket/side. Today I have two. The pants I am wearing today are TruSpec and they have mag pockets inside of the cargo pockets. It works well. I have spares in my car too. One in a belt mounted clip on pouch in the center consoule and a pair in my arm rest.

This is my EDC gun today. A 9mm Shield. The 7 round mag in the gun and the 8 round as a spare.

It replaced my G27.

The G27 replaced a S&W 640PD in .357 which replaced a S&W 642 in .38.

Pocket carry has always been my go to.

My shooting buddy loves the 9mm Shield too.

Last edited by usmcvet; 04-05-17 at 07:57.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    Usually for me, if I'm carrying in a pocket it's a backup gun (BUG) to some other gun on me.
    I'd usually not carry spare ammo or a mag for the BUG, unless both guns were revolvers that day.
    My "pocket" guns would be my S&W 642, Glock 43, or maybe my S&W 640Pro.
    The pro is a great looking gun, especially the sights. I've always loved the centennial. I had a 640 in .357 back in 95/96 when they came out. It was too heavy for me compared to the 642. I went back and forth between a 642 & 442 and tried a Colt Detective Special for a short time. I took the 642 out of my pocket and traded for the 640PD the day I saw it in the LGS. I do not miss that damn gun, it made me bleed when I shot it! The cylinder release cut my thumb.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    For me it depends on what pistol I am carrying. A hi cap magazine if I carry goes into the left front pants pocket. When using my P7, I have a horizontal mag holder that is carried on the left of my belt buckle.

But now to tell the truth in the USA, I rarely carry a spare mag. Exception to this is synagogue where I carry a lot of spare mags.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    If dress requires a mouse gun I carry a PM9 Kahr, holstered, on a belt- with spare mag.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Who carries a spare mag for their pocket pistol?

My new pocket magazine holders showed up yesterday.
    No go with the grip baseplate things.

On the right is a 8 magazine with a Magguts +2 kit. On the left is a standard 8 round mag. It fits well in my pocket.

I settled on this setup.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 03-29-18 at 11:54.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast