Thread: New sights for Springfield Pro , help a brother

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

New sights for Springfield Pro , help a brother

Hey guys, my old eyes hate the sights that come with the Springfield Custom or SA FBI …whatever you want to call it today. Love the gun, hate the sights. I just want the bold white sights. Nights sights with bold white circle. I only need the front sight, the most bold. You get it..

What are the best sights for such a gun? Also, any watch outs for buying 1911 night sites for this exact gun? what do I need to look for?

Any feedback or links are appreciated.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 03-20-17 at 15:57.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I believe Dawson makes sight for Springfield's dovetail. They usually require a little fitting, but all of my night sights from them have been great.

ETA Just measure your front sight height so you can get the correct poa/poi.
    Last edited by PD Sgt.; 03-20-17 at 16:27.

Feedback Score
    For the Pro two things to check :

If the front dovetail is a Novak cut or Springfield cut.

Are you happy with your point of am and point of impact. You may want a different height front sight if they use the 6 o'clock hold.

Dawson and Harrison Design both sell Springfield front sights. Harrison also has the the Trijicon HD front for the Novak cut and the Yost gold line front sight.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    My eyes too are getting old. I put some XS Big Dot sights on my Springer. Front sight is night sight, plain rear. Took about 200rds to get used to them, but I have found them fast and combat accurate. Bulls eye would be a different matter....

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not your question, but I was having the same 'old eye' issue with my Pro a couple of years back. While at the SA shop at Camp Perry that summer, I had them replace just the stock front with a Dawson fiber optic. Made a huge difference and I'm very well pleased - FWIW.
    Regards,
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I do love the front fiber optic sights a lot too. They are putting on some of their guns these days as well. I like that Lipseys gun for the $1500 range with them. Thank you Ranger !

But Im keeping this gun more traditional.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 03-22-17 at 15:05.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstephens202 View Post
    My eyes too are getting old. I put some XS Big Dot sights on my Springer. Front sight is night sight, plain rear. Took about 200rds to get used to them, but I have found them fast and combat accurate. Bulls eye would be a different matter....
    The big dots are nice. I shot my buddys gun with those. I have considered just changing out the front on this gun with that sight. thanks for the feedback.

PB

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Dawson makes a nice set.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The most bold white dot front sight with tritium is without a doubt a big dot. That being said, I would still go for a set of Dawson's. I just did on my Loaded IDPA rig. Novak .325 blacked out rear and Springfield cut .180 fiber front. That's POA/POI for a full sized 1911, just like a Glock, no gay hold unders. They look better and will give the gun a more cohesive look. You'll also shoot faster and more accurately- it's a win win.
    Last edited by CPM; 03-25-17 at 00:08.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.