Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ATF screws Dead Air Ghost M owners. "Wipe" ruled silencer part.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by A5scott View Post
    What's to stop them from saying other parts are banned as well? removable endcaps, etc...

Scott
    Well technically nothing save explicit wording of law. But a major part of the problem is the NFA laws are written so vaguely, if they want you, they got you. This uh, ruling, makes it a federal felony to posses these little rubber discs not by changing the law but by deciding that they fall under the unconstitutionally vague definition of parts which they reserve the authority to define. I do worry modular silencer parts might be next but I think the main contention ATF suddenly had in this unprecedented reversal of positions is that the wipe (which of coarse are disposable) did not originally come on/with the registered silencer. BS practically, but ATF is not concerned with reality. I can understand not offering for sale component parts of factory made silencers (i.e. spare baffles and spare tubes) so you can't just order enough parts to assemble an unserialized Ghost M but the wipe thing this is absurd (as well as the whole unconstitutional and unconstitutionally gauge NFA).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    Well technically nothing save explicit wording of law. But a major part of the problem is the NFA laws are written so vaguely, if they want you, they got you.
    Sadly this can be applied to so many laws in our country. Massachusetts, a state where I grew up and the gtfo loves laws. The more the better, typically they do not erase old laws that are contrary to new ones. My favorite example, the proud people of massachucetts made gay marriage legal, but left sodomy illegal.

Feedback Score
    wish that I hadn't been complacent and waited to order more wipes until my Ghost arrived....
    ATF is banning silicon discs and people are waiting for a repeal of the the Hughes amendment lol.

Feedback Score
    Is it me or has anybody else noticed that every time the ATF issues a "clarification" it expands their power/control and diminishes our rights?

Time to repeal and not replace...

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hill Raiser View Post
    wish that I hadn't been complacent and waited to order more wipes until my Ghost arrived....
    ATF is banning silicon discs and people are waiting for a repeal of the the Hughes amendment lol.
    Don't worry bud, the Hearing Protection Act is imminent!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Don't people with wipe cans just buy a sheet of the material and cut their own anyways?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnkey11 View Post
    Don't people with wipe cans just buy a sheet of the material and cut their own anyways?
    Yep. Most manufacturers will tell you the specs. In the case of the Ghost, 1.20"OD x 1/4"ID x 1/8" neoprene, IIRC.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG19 View Post
    Yep. Most manufacturers will tell you the specs. In the case of the Ghost, 1.20"OD x 1/4"ID x 1/8" neoprene, IIRC.
    Awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG19 View Post
    Peroxide-cured EPDM should hold up better. Neoprene is not very good with heat.

Based on exposure temp, I don't know if it would matter, but you may get significant life increase.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast