Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quality Nitride BCG

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Generally speaking, nitride BCGs are not built using MIL SPEC materials (including the referenced Tool craft BCG I am purchasing).
    You can absolutely get mil spec materials, testing, and even coating from toolcraft. Or the above including c158, but with nitride.

Want to say E Arthur Brown or something like that carries them that way. Very reasonable.

Feedback Score
    Just wanted to update with my Monmouth Reloading order for the Toolcraft Nitrated BCG:

I ordered on Friday, it was delivered today (Monday). Packaged very well and the bolt is marked MPI. Black O ring on the extractor.

This is for a build that I am slowly sourcing the parts for. Will post a thread in the custom build forum once all that is done and I have shot a few hundred rounds thru it.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have the Nitride Toolcraft BCG's (from Monmouth) in a couple recent builds.
    Have <1k rds on them with zero issues.
    They clean up easily with the Nitride.

Feedback Score

Quality Nitride BCG

I got this BCG from 22modsforall, I was shocked by the quality. MPI stamped bolt. 1k rounds through it, with no issues.

It looks identical to the Aim Surplus bcg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AlphaTango23; 04-08-17 at 04:03.
    OIF Vet | 0331

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    SMOS had some unmarked nitride treated BCG's a while back. Still there.

https://www.smosarms.com/collections...nt=40575717511
    Last edited by Joelski; 04-08-17 at 06:36.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Thanks
    Last edited by AndyLate; 02-28-18 at 08:53.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    This is a timely thread for me, I'm also trying to decide between a Black Nitride vs. a BCM Parkerized BCG for my all purpose build. I've been leaning towards the BCM to match up to the BCM upper receiver group I'm using, but $80 for the Toolcraft is a nice price and I've been reading good things about black nitride durability, lubricity, clean-ability, and functionality. (Wow, that's a lot of "ities".)

I'm probably gonna run an H2 buffer, so what's the score for a 16" mid length, BCM upper barrel assembly including the BFH chrome lined barrel? Bravo Company or Toolcraft? Lots of good feedback for Toolcraft here.

1) BCM $170 plus shipping. https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...up-auto-mp.htm

2) Toolcraft $80 plus shipping. http://www.monmouthreloading.com/shop/toolcraft-bcg/

Feedback Score
    Tool craft. Inb4 the hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OIF Vet | 0331

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaTango23 View Post
    Tool craft. Inb4 the hate.
    ^^^ Yeah, gotta agree with this. At under half the price and with a nitride finish, as long as it checks all the "boxes" I'd say the Toolcraft is a no-brainer. I'm not sold on nitride, especially for barrels, but it's better than no finish or even phosphating. So yeah, the Toolcraft in this particular instance.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    AZIMUTH is the cleanest QPQ BCG I have laid eyes on, except possibly for the JP hand-polished one's. I think the gas-keys on the JP units and the insides of the JP units that are hollowed out (non-bearing, the part behind the FP, not where gas-rings/bolt ride) are a bit less tool-marked in some cases. That said, the Azimuths have a track record of going well over 30K rounds, and I have never heard of one breaking yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast