Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most reliable/easier maintenance ARX or Tavor/X95?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The Inrange Tavor cleaning video is only interesting when you watch it in conjunction with their Tavor mud test video.

Their mud tests simply take weapons "testing" to the extreme. I don't get too concerned about the outcomes, but they do offer some insight into places that dirt, dust and water can find a means of ingress to a weapons action...

https://www.full30.com/video/5cfdb93...2f95134ac1ac3f

https://www.full30.com/video/b9f62d4...2d298ce583338a
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    How easy is it to remove/attach the extended charging handle so one can remove the bcg for cleaning?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    How easy is it to remove/attach the extended charging handle so one can remove the bcg for cleaning?
    I assume you mean on the Tavor. The BCG comes out of the rear and isn't attached to the charging handle itself. The charging handle is attached to a charging handle guide assembly. You can see how to do it here.

Feedback Score
    If you are referring to the ARX, I believe there is a little wire spring molded into the extension that snaps over the charging handle. I don't have one yet so I don't know how tight of a fit it is.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto426 View Post
    If you are referring to the ARX, I believe there is a little wire spring molded into the extension that snaps over the charging handle. I don't have one yet so I don't know how tight of a fit it is.
    I sourced the "knob" and lower rail from Italy six months before Beretta USA made them available here, so I probaby have the first one in the country.

Auto426 is correct, its retained by a wire spring and a firm tug is all it takes to remove it. I've been using mine for over two years, once installed its solid and should give a long service life. Granted, I haven't torture tested the knob by pulling it off 10,000 times, but it only needs to be removed for field stripping or for changing the charging handle from side to side. The switchanle charging handle is unique, interesting, easily done and only somewhat useful for my needs. The novelty of demonstrating it wears off pretty quickly, but you can expect to be asked about it by folks who have never seen it.

Last edited by BBossman; 03-24-17 at 04:37.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    Yes I was referring to the extra-length charging handle knob add-on for the ARX.
    I wouldn't expect to be swapping CH sides much if ever. I'd keep it on the LH side and of course in the center ttake - down position thus requiring removal of the extra cocking knob.
    Thanks for the pictures.
    Last edited by Ron3; 03-24-17 at 06:14.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quick tip... the spring should be on the bottom when installing the knob. Some folks have put them on wrong and had serious problems removing them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12