Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat EDC X9

Feedback Score
    The car analogy works. You can only drive one at a time. Pagani knows buyers don't want a Camry (or already have 1). The only thing the cars have in common is they drive you somewhere on 4 wheels and run on gasoline.

People on a car forum should be able to discuss expensive cars without people spamming about how they can buy 6 Toyotas instead. No shit I can do math too. This is not a $3000 Glock thread. I don't think I post in those though.

And the P10c is hardly a known baseline.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Michael Schumacher in a stock Toyota Camry versus James "Captain Slow" May in the Pagani at, say, Road America. Who wins?
    Capt. Slow obviously. Sadly, Michael is probably never going to recover from his skiing accident.

BTW, most people probably couldn't successfully start a Pagani, much less get it off the line.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    For me, between my Wilson 1911 in 45 and my Agency G19, this could be my one pistol.

For me, it's not that I dislike bull barrels so much as I want a tool-free GI 1911 field strip. If they made it like a USP/P2000/P30, BHP, CZ 75, &c., that would be fine, too. But it looks like a bushingless bull barrel 1911. Which means tools. Which means... blech.
    I've had these exact thoughts too. I really want toolless take down.

Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    I am honestly blown away that it took this long to produce a firearm like this. Everyone knows that the non-hinged 1911 trigger has a cult following (for a reason), but that the modern era has produced so many worthy technologies that make the 1911 a kind of pig by comparison. The Sig single action only competition pistols are a recognition of this phenomenon and need, but they, too, are burdened by serious heft and are relegated to target pistols.

Frankly, I am stunned that no one (besides I guess the Cz Omega P series) has tried to produce an SAO hammer fired polymer framed hand gun running on a modified 1911 trigger system. Maybe they have, and I am just profoundly ignorant.

There's clearly a market need.
    There have been 9mm 2011s made for a long time... Many of them have polymer frames.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post

There have been 9mm 2011s made for a long time... Many of them have polymer frames.
    Unless I'm mistaken what he means, Wilson already had such a pistol in the Spec Op 9. I didn't love the ergos, but other then that, it was all you'd expect from a Wilson product in my view.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The EDC X9 uses a tool-less guide rod. Per Wilson Combat Rep, the rod is 90% length and comes out of the slide like a Beretta or a Glock guide rod.
    Attachment 44679
    Last edited by MSparks909; 03-28-17 at 21:33.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    The EDC X9 uses a tool-less guide rod. Per Wilson Combat Rep, the rod is 90% length and comes out of the slide like a Beretta or a Glock guide rod.
    Attachment 44679
    Image is too small to read.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've always wanted a Wilson. Wouldn't have guessed that my first will be a 9mm though. Maybe I'll sell a dozen Glocks so some of you can have a glove box gun for every Camry you own.....
    Last edited by nick84; 03-29-17 at 02:19.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Image is too small to read.
    Ahh. My bad. Wilson Combat Rep stated "The gun has a toolless takedown - The rod is 90% length and comes in and out like a guide rod in a Glock or a Beretta."

Taken from pistol-forum's EDC X9 thread. Page 53 Post # 521.

Feedback Score
    Non full size 1911, and in 9mm. No thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by graffex View Post
    Non full size 1911, and in 9mm. No thanks.
    Stuck in nostalgia are we?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast