Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat EDC X9

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I think this is reasonable compared to the $2000-3000 Glock 19s but people typically start with a $500 Glock and it turns into a $2000 Glock over time. That's a rough pill swallow for me for the new Wilson. I'd love to have one, but it isn't for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Keltec makes the 2000 line of carbines in different versions- Beretta, Glock, and Sig magazines. The Kriss Vector Carbines all take Glock Mags. It's not unheard of. I have no idea why when you're designing a new firearms you would want to design and manufacturer or source a brand new proprietary magazine when the market is saturated with both magazines and shooters who own them. It's one more cog in the machine.

The only reason why I can see that here is the mag release. Even then, it would seem easier to work the mag release instead of the magazines.
    Quite frankly, if a WC custom pistol not taking other manufacturers mags is a deal breaker for you, then you weren't likely to buy one in the first place and WC isn't worried about complaints from people who weren't going to buy it in the first place.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If it were anyone else but WC, I wouldn't be interested. If I was looking to get a premium quality 1911 based double stack 9mm pistol and willing to wait for it, I'd be all over this new gun. I was interested in the Spec Op 9 also which had similar comments from people about issues of mags, costs, etc. Someone explained why the Spec Op 9 went away and this new gun showed up some pages now, but I can't remember what they said about that. I do know it was not due to lack of demand for the Spec Op 9...
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    If it were anyone else but WC, I wouldn't be interested. If I was looking to get a premium quality 1911 based double stack 9mm pistol and willing to wait for it, I'd be all over this new gun. I was interested in the Spec Op 9 also which had similar comments from people about issues of mags, costs, etc. Someone explained why the Spec Op 9 went away and this new gun showed up some pages now, but I can't remember what they said about that. I do know it was not due to lack of demand for the Spec Op 9...
    I shot one today at the range.. WC were demoing their products....

In my opinion, it is a very high quality build and excellent ergos and grips. Shoots very smooth and is very accurate for an average shooter like me. Very little transfer of recoil to my hands. The serrations and checkering on the slide and handle are extremely well done.

Negatives: Price..and I don't care for the sights.. Novak would be better or a fiber optic with tritium insert for the front sight would help especially in low light. The safety is a bit larger than I would prefer but isn't a deal breaker..

Overall I was very impressed by it...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I'd like to find a $10,000 KIA.

That gun sure recoiled a lot in that video.
    Me too! I LOVED my two Kias! I ran the wheels off of them!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

cpoth Guest
    Anyone get one of these yet? It looked to me like there were reports shipments started. Mine is currently about a 10 month wait. Just curious if they started moving to customers.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Several people at the 1911forum said they received theirs, some even posted range reports.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Bill Wilson has succeeded in reinventing the P-35/Browning Hi-Power.
    His EDC X9 will likely be a resounding success, but I am unimpressed with it.

cpoth Guest
    Ok thanks Sam, sorry I missed that.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Bill Wilson has succeeded in reinventing the P-35/Browning Hi-Power.
    His EDC X9 will likely be a resounding success, but I am unimpressed with it.
    Except without a lot of the things that made (and make) the P-35 stupid: Magazine disconnect safety, inconsistent trigger pull, indistinct and vague reset, &c.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast