Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat EDC X9

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Why even come into a Wilson thread if that's how you feel though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm missing something. This new pistol seems very much in line with the spec op 9, which was discontinued, I assume, due to poor sales, or some other reason? I thought the spec op 9 (other than the goofy name) was a win, giving a modern Wilson approach to the best of single action double stack 1911/BP goodness in 9mm. Seems many here much more enthusiastic about this new pistol than spec op 9. What am I missing here?
    Last edited by WillBrink; 03-24-17 at 13:37.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    Why even come into a Wilson thread if that's how you feel though
    Similar to discussing nice watches and someone always has to post a comment they can't understand why anyone would spend X on a watch and their Timex does the same thing, yada yada.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I'm missing something. This new pistol seems very much in line with the spec op 9, which was discontinued, I assume, due to poor sales, or some other reason? I thought the spec op 9 (other than the goofy name) was a win, giving a modern Wilson approach to the best of single action double stack 1911/BP goodness in 9mm. Seems many here much more enthusiastic about this new pistol than spec op 9. What am I missing here?

I wondered why the SpecOps 9 didnt catch on. It seemed to be an excellent idea.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    SpecOps 9 and this new gun are awesome but most of us can't afford to play in the Wilson territory. David

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It may have been discounted due to other reasons I'm thinking. My understanding is the waiting time for one was 2 years.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Wilson seems to be investing more money into marketing this pistol. I think they are also banking on the renewed popularity for the 9mm round that is present even more today than just 2 years ago. In fact, just today I received LAV's email article declaring the caliber war over and 9mm the winner.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Wilson seems to be investing more money into marketing this pistol. I think they are also banking on the renewed popularity for the 9mm round that is present even more today than just 2 years ago. In fact, just today I received LAV's email article declaring the caliber war over and 9mm the winner.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. Wilson Combat isn't about to let that market segment go by. Just look at the Beretta custom parts and pistol mods they've been selling. The EDC X9 is a really cool pistol and I'm sure they'll sell a lot of them.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    "Yeah, That Pagani Huayra is really fast and all but this Toyota Camry is basically the same thing..."
    Plus, I can have six of the Toyotas........

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by peruna View Post
    Plus, I can have six of the Toyotas........
    You guys crack me up, lol.

Some folks just don't get it and never will.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast