Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat EDC X9

Feedback Score
    My understanding on the SpecOps 9 was trouble with the reliability of outside vendors supplying parts. The new weapon other than mags are made in house.

JW
    Last edited by Pit; 03-25-17 at 09:31.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Iwas wondering if that was a reason for the demise of the Spec Ops. Wilson used to sell a double stack 45 called the "KZ". I believe those frames were made by IMI.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've owned Kimbers, Springfields, Colts (still own a TRP and several Colts) and own two 5" Wilson 1911s. One in 9mm and one in .45. They are truly a cut above when compared to several high end production 1911s I've owned over the past few years. No doubt the EDC X9 is a ton of money for a tool that theoretically does the same thing as any run-of-the mill polymer striker fired "wonder nine." But, and this is a big but, if the X9 is like my other Wilsons, I won't have to work nearly as hard to shoot it at a high level (for me) compared to a standard polymer service pistol.

For example, I typically shoot high 80s to low 90s on a NRA B8 bull @ 25Y from the holster in 30 seconds or less with my Glocks. Ten shot group. I can more or less do this on demand.

Conversely, when I took my CQB-E 9mm on its first range trip a few weeks ago, I shot a 98 with Wolf ammo. That was the second or third group I shot at 25Y with that gun. Ever. Conversely, I've got ~20K through Glocks over the past 2-3 years. I just plain don't have to work as hard to shoot my CQB well. It's just...easy.

If the X9 is anything like it's bigger brothers then I think I'll be very pleased. I've got one on order.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    If the X9 is anything like it's bigger brothers then I think I'll be very pleased. I've got one on order.
    What's the lead time on an order?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I concur with some of the above posts. The X9 would give a guy like me everything I like about 1911s and everything I like about Glocks in the same package.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I'm sure its a very very nice pistol, but for $2895, I would rather have 6 soul less CZP10-C's at $475 a pop when they become available.
    For me, between my Wilson 1911 in 45 and my Agency G19, this could be my one pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I'd be more interested in this as well. I'm not a bull barrel fan.
    For me, it's not that I dislike bull barrels so much as I want a tool-free GI 1911 field strip. If they made it like a USP/P2000/P30, BHP, CZ 75, &c., that would be fine, too. But it looks like a bushingless bull barrel 1911. Which means tools. Which means... blech.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    I am honestly blown away that it took this long to produce a firearm like this. Everyone knows that the non-hinged 1911 trigger has a cult following (for a reason), but that the modern era has produced so many worthy technologies that make the 1911 a kind of pig by comparison. The Sig single action only competition pistols are a recognition of this phenomenon and need, but they, too, are burdened by serious heft and are relegated to target pistols.

Frankly, I am stunned that no one (besides I guess the Cz Omega P series) has tried to produce an SAO hammer fired polymer framed hand gun running on a modified 1911 trigger system. Maybe they have, and I am just profoundly ignorant.

There's clearly a market need.

My question is how does this compare to an Cz-P07/09 Omega trigger, especially one that has been set up in the SAO grouping, and has some Cajun Gun Works aftermarket parts. The Cz P-series are pretty slick.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    "Yeah, That Pagani Huayra is really fast and all but this Toyota Camry is basically the same thing..."
    Yup, if you suck, you'll lose to a much better performer, hardware be damned.

It does look like a sweet pistol though.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 03-27-17 at 13:10.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Yup, if you suck, you'll lose to a much better performer, hardware be damned.

It does look like a sweet pistol though.
    Michael Schumacher in a stock Toyota Camry versus James "Captain Slow" May in the Pagani at, say, Road America. Who wins?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Michael Schumacher in a stock Toyota Camry versus James "Captain Slow" May in the Pagani at, say, Road America. Who wins?
    I don't know but it's a terrible analogy. Most people cannot tap into the potential of a glock. Most drivers could realize the benefit of a better car because they practice every day.

Then again, people here are not "most people".

Quote Originally Posted by nml View Post
    Can you guys not compare mass produced striker fired polymer guns to low production metal framed single action guns. Save everyone some grief.

Actually, this is exactly what id like to see. A comparison vs a known baseline
    Last edited by MegademiC; 03-27-17 at 17:46.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast