Thread: F-16 fighter production moving to South Carolina

Feedback Score

F-16 fighter production moving to South Carolina

Interesting. Didn't realize that Lockheed Martin had much of a presence in South Carolina. Evidently the non-union environment was a big factor:

"After building F-16 fighter jets for more than four decades in Texas, Lockheed Martin plans to move the production line to South Carolina, where it will build new versions of the venerable combat aircraft for U.S. allies.

Lockheed will deliver the last F-16 from its Fort Worth factory in September, then take a two-year break in production to move the line to Greenville, S.C., the head of the firm’s aeronautics sector said Tuesday. Dwindling orders make the break possible."

http://www.defenseone.com/business/2...rolina/136365/

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    They still make F16s??

Feedback Score
    Yep, Iraq is the latest customer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    They still make F16s??
    Bruh, it's the most exported fighter in the world. If shit keeps going the way it is we may see f-16s fighting f-16s and Mig-29s fighting Mig-29s.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    They still make F16s??
    F-16 = Glock 19 of fighter jets, we still export to allies (and frenemy countries like Egypt thanks to the 2lbs dumbbell lifting mother****er that called himself the 44th president of the United States).

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I knew we exported them, but not to the extent that we do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genera...lcon_operators

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The USA hasnt taken any F16's from the factory since the 2005.

I believe they need the room in Ft. Worth to expand the F35 production line.

Feedback Score
    There are so many old F-16's that they are replacing the QF-4 target drone with the QF-16.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    Bruh, it's the most exported fighter in the world. If shit keeps going the way it is we may see f-16s fighting f-16s and Mig-29s fighting Mig-29s.
    You're probably right.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    The USA hasnt taken any F16's from the factory since the 2005.

I believe they need the room in Ft. Worth to expand the F35 production line.
    That is correct, they are adding just over 2,500 people to the payroll to expand F-35 production. They need the room in the plant, and are therefore moving F-16 production outside of Texas.