Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Man dragged off plane....

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Man dragged off plane....

Due to flight being over booked?! This one seems like there must be more to the story as it's so "WTF?" Does United have any idea what they have just done to their PR in this modern day of cell phone cams?

A video posted on Facebook late Sunday evening shows a passenger on a United Airlines flight from Chicago to Louisville being forcibly removed from the plane before takeoff at O’Hare International Airport.

The video, posted by Audra D. Bridges at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, is taken from an aisle seat on a commercial airplane that appears to be preparing to take flight. The 31-second clip shows three men wearing radio equipment and security jackets speaking with a man seated on the plane. After a few seconds, one of the men grabs the passenger, who screams, and drags him by his arms toward the front of the plane. The video ends before anything else is shown.

A United spokesperson confirmed in an email Sunday night that a passenger had been taken off a flight in Chicago.

"Flight 3411 from Chicago to Louisville was overbooked," the spokesperson said. "After our team looked for volunteers, one customer refused to leave the aircraft voluntarily and law enforcement was asked to come to the gate.

"We apologize for the overbook situation. Further details on the removed customer should be directed to authorities."

Last edited by WillBrink; 04-11-17 at 10:47.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Soooooo...

What's the guy getting dragged off the plane going to rename the airline?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I now have the damn Leonard Bernstein song stuck in my head.

Serious question. Is that what, "Flying the Friendly Skies" looks like?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    The physician should look at the bright side. United is going to pay off any remaining student loan debt he has, and probably put his kids through college as well.

Cue the 1970's United Airlines commercial theme music: "Fly the friendly skies, of United...."

Oh, and I hate United Airlines with the passionate heat of a thousand burning suns.

That is all.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    I now have the damn Leonard Bernstein song stuck in my head.

Serious question. Is that what, "Flying the Friendly Skies" looks like?
    That was exactly my first thought. Friendly bastiges, ain't ya?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Soooooo...

What's the guy getting dragged off the plane going to rename the airline?
    I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop that makes this not appear as it is, like he was being a drunk idiot or something, as I don't want to believe United could really be that stupid. Speaking of doubling down on the stupid...

Last edited by WillBrink; 04-10-17 at 20:15.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    "This is an upsetting event to all of us here at United. I apologize for having to re-accommodate these customers." - United CEO Oscar Munoz

The plane was completely full, everyone on board held a payed-for ticket (more or less, maybe some family passes or whatever). Then 4 United employees approached the gate. They needed to get on board so they could work the next day.

United could have kept raising the money offer until 4 people voluntarily took a $1k+ payoff and got off the plane. They could have driven the United employees a few hours away.

But they did this, likely costing them millions.

From the CEO to United employees:

https://twitter.com/RyanRuggiero/sta...425154/photo/1
    Last edited by Koshinn; 04-10-17 at 20:15.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    The physician should look at the bright side. United is going to pay off any remaining student loan debt he has, and probably put his kids through college as well.

Cue the 1970's United Airlines commercial theme music: "Fly the friendly skies, of United...."

Oh, and I hate United Airlines with the passionate heat of a thousand burning suns.

That is all.
    Airline escapades like that always remind me of this episode...

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/153051/flexi-grips

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have read that the plane was fully booked. United needed to get four employees somewhere and decided to randomly pull four passengers because they did not get any volunteers.

I fly quite a bit, I'll never fly united again. I'll do my best to prevent others from from flying united.

I home this guys sues the life out them.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    "This is an upsetting event to all of us here at United. I apologize for having to re-accommodate these customers." - United CEO Oscar Munoz

The plane was completely full, everyone on board held a payed-for ticket (more or less, maybe some family passes or whatever). Then 4 United employees approached the gate. They needed to get on board so they could work the next day.

United could have kept raising the money offer until 4 people voluntarily took a $1k+ payoff and got off the plane. They could have driven the United employees a few hours away.

But they did this, likely costing them millions.

From the CEO to United employees:

https://twitter.com/RyanRuggiero/sta...425154/photo/1

If that's the case and why they yanked that poor SOB off the plane, United is in deep do do even if technically legal as claimed.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast