Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: USDA Wildlife Service Cyanide Bomb Kills Dog and Injures Boy

Feedback Score

USDA Wildlife Service Cyanide Bomb Kills Dog and Injures Boy

Now, this shit is about as stupid as an acre of fungus.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/21...aker-says.html

The US Wildlife Service has planted a bunch of the chemical IEDs around populated areas frequented by children and pets. In this case there was no signs, no warning - just a bang and the kid and dog were covered in cyanide. Multiple dogs have been killed. Better yet, it appears that some were planted on private property without the owner's knowledge.

Could someone please post the name, address, and picture of the person who thought this was a good idea.
    Last edited by Sensei; 03-23-17 at 08:01.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I read that yesterday. Amazing story, I believe the kid was hit in the face with the spray as he and the dog approached it. I'm surprised it didn't kill him.
    It would appear the family isn't getting a lot of support from the agency who came up with this bright idea.
    Pretty damned sick.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Wow, the mother of stupid ideas. That's gonna cost them (which means us as it's our tax $ that funds them) a lot of $. No signs, on private land, etc WTF?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Article says they're supposed to go off when an animal pulls on them. So how are they going off by themselves?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Article says they're supposed to go off when an animal pulls on them. So how are they going off by themselves?
    I assume they are baited and the dog pulled on it. I could be wrong, and perhaps some just defective? No one could be stupid enough to have them go off due to proximity, could they?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post

I'm not sure they are going off by themselves. It sounds like people's pets are attracted to the bait and setting them off. That by itself is a big problem. It's an even bigger problem when that pet has a leash...held by a child.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I assume they are baited and the dog pulled on it. I could be wrong, and perhaps some just defective? No one could be stupid enough to have them go off due to proximity, could they?
    Up until the article said the device is bated and the animal pulls on it I was thinking it was a proximity device. The whole time I'm thinking WTF ...NO WAY!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I'm not sure they are going off by themselves. It sounds like people's pets are attracted to the bait and setting them off. That by itself is a big problem. It's an even bigger problem when that pet has a leash...held by a child.
    I guess the article should have explained it better or I just didn't have enough coffee.

".....Days earlier, a family walking in an area 52 miles northwest of Casper, Wyo., lost two dogs from an M-44 that detonated near a hiking trail they have walked for 20 years....."

This makes it sound like a proximity detonation

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Mother of stupid ideas brought to you by people who would likely be very offended if you suggested opening Federal Land to people who would hunt and kill the same coyotes with guns.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Next we'll be planting Bouncing Betty mines to curb the deer population.

I mean honestly, what the actual f**k? Who comes up with this stuff, drunk Lcpl's? Let's plant literal IEDs in pubic areas with no warning signs whatsoever. You know, because Wile-e Coyote can read.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast