Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some experienced help choosing a High End SPR optic.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    I've been looking at optics in this range too, and have pretty much decided on getting the March-F 3-24x52 with FML-T1 reticle. Illumination, 24.5oz, and a mil-based xmas tree type reticle. On sale at opticsplanet right now for $2900.

I have a MK6 3-18x42 and wanted something about as light but more mag.
    Intriguing..I'm concerned about durability/warranty though with these, but admittedly I don't have any real knowledge or experience with March as a company. What do you think?
    Last edited by DacoRoman; 04-15-17 at 12:24.
    Formerly known as "Son of Vlad Tepes"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ihcnehc View Post
    For those keep saying NF 4-16x42 ATACR is "pretty small for what it is." It is a good scope, bit it is neither small nor lightweight, compared to some of its contemporaries.

Nightforce 4-16x42
    L=12.6"
    W=30.0oz

Schmidt Bender 5-20x50 PM II Ultra Short
    L=11.77"
    W=29.2oz

Schmidt Bender 3-20x50 PM II Ultra Short
    L=13.39"
    W=31.8oz

Leupold 3-18x44
    L=11.9"
    w=23.6oz
    I was reading about the Mk6 3-18's somewhat recent history of tracking issues. Have these been sorted out with the newer m5c2 turrets? I also read a post on m4carbine where there was a reticle issue as well with a scope needing to be returned multiple times. Over at sniper's hide they are big fans of the NF ATACR 4-16 over the Mk 6, and I was leaning toward the ATACR due to a perceived superiority in the quality department, and take the additional 6 or so oz of weight. I was looking to get an H59 or possibly a Tremor 3 reticle. Additionally, based on the new offering from March with their version of the xmas grid reticle, plus it has illumination (NF doesn't offer illumination with a Horus reticle, and the Mk 6 is way to expensive for me with an illuminated Horus reticle - although illumination is not a big consideration for me and my uses), I will consider the March as well, but I'm concerned about quality/durability/limited warranty. Can you please offer some thoughts on these issues?
    Last edited by DacoRoman; 04-15-17 at 12:24.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Nightforce is now offering horus reticles with illumination for 2800. So still way less than the mk6 with illumination.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Nightforce is now offering horus reticles with illumination for 2800. So still way less than the mk6 with illumination.

So yeah, that's what I thought, but I'm a bit confused about this because on the NF website they specifically state that the Horus Reticles are not offered with illumination. I'll have to call NF and/or vendors to be sure. But if it really comes with illumination for the $2800 than that's awesome. Does anyone have an ATACR with an illuminated Horus reticle to confirm?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I called both euro optic and optics planet and both confirmed it. Optics planet has them available for pre order and it looks like euro has them in stock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    I called both euro optic and optics planet and both confirmed it. Optics planet has them available for pre order and it looks like euro has them in stock.

Wow! Thanks man! It'll be hard for me to say no to this scope then...I mean the MK6 with an illuminated Horus is like $4000 plus! Thanks again for checking

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DacoRoman View Post
    Intriguing..I'm concerned about durability/warranty though with these, but admittedly I don't have any real knowledge or experience with March as a company. What do you think?
    Here's the warranty info. 5 years.

I have a March-F 1-8x24 and it's been great on my .308 AR. Much better than the USO SR-8 I used to have. The only thing I wish was different was the center reticle being more fine, but that's not really a comment on March durability.

I ended up putting the $ down on the 3-24x52 with FML-T1 reticle. Just waiting for the next shipment from Japan to the US.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    Here's the warranty info. 5 years.

I have a March-F 1-8x24 and it's been great on my .308 AR. Much better than the USO SR-8 I used to have. The only thing I wish was different was the center reticle being more fine, but that's not really a comment on March durability.

I ended up putting the $ down on the 3-24x52 with FML-T1 reticle. Just waiting for the next shipment from Japan to the US.
    Thanks for the info man. That new reticle looks pretty good! And it's lightweight...and more economical than the atacr with illumination.. I don't blame you for going for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12