Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking to build a Spikes tactical AR15

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Looking to build a Spikes tactical AR15

Hi all
    I currently own two ARs: an LE6920 and an M&P15-22. I'm looking to build a spikes tactical rifle and had some questions and wanted to see what you guys think. My LGS only has the black lowers although I'd prefer the sandbox colors but I see the upper and lower combo comes in that color and it's pretty expensive. I would've be opposed to getting a black colored in punisher lower for about $100 but what I want to know is would it be silly to build the rifle from there on out with all FDE parts? I'm looking to get a barrel with 1/7 twist that free floats as well and I like spikes nickel boron BCG. Thoughts comments and suggestions are all welcome. Thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    What is going to be the primary use of this rifle?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Range use as well as home and self defense.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I think this forum is more about function over form. I personally don't care if your rifle is covered with pink polka dots. If it shoots, it shoots.

The best way to be sure your rifle will function when you call upon it during a defensive engagement is to build it with the best quality parts you can realistically afford.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Understood. I guess what I should've also mentioned is I'm looking for good, quality upper parts in the FDE variety that won't break the bank as well.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krp7894 View Post
    Understood. I guess what I should've also mentioned is I'm looking for good, quality upper parts in the FDE variety that won't break the bank as well.
    I would personally advise you contact Grant at G&R Tactical. He can assist you with all the parts you need at a reasonable price and also advise you on your build. Or buy a built upper from him or even Sionics. You cannot go wrong either way. FYI: I have no stake in their businesses nor have I ever personally bought product from either one, but I know that both know their shit and make sure that the product they sell is right.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I would stay away from all things Spike's. No need to spend money on them when better quality like BCM, Sionics, Colt, DD, LMT, KAC, Noveske, or SOLGW are competitive/tad more in price.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Did you seriously come here to ask us about colors? Next you'll want to know if this sling makes your ass look fat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Forget about the colors question. I'm asking some recommendations on what parts people have experience with and what to go with and what not to. Like the next question I have is if anyone has any experience with Aero uppers. I see they're reasonably priced and I'm wondering how they are quality wise.

Currently I'm looking at the M4E1 enhanced upper by Aero. I would probably pair it with the Spikes lower since those are easy for me to get at a LGS. Anyone know if they would fit just fine?
    Last edited by Krp7894; 03-24-17 at 13:27.

Feedback Score
    Build up whatever lower you like. I just did three lowers from Sionics and bought them from Tombstone Tactical. Great price for great quality.

To me, it's a buyer's market. You can get high-quality complete uppers (even full rifles) so inexpensively right now, that it might save you the trouble of spec'ing parts and wondering if they are GTG. If you are doing it for posterity, and you have access to the tools to build, go right ahead and knock yourself out.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast