Thread: Savage 6.5 BA Stealth review

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Savage 6.5 BA Stealth review

I've had the Savage BA Stealth in for about 6 months now and done a good bit of shooting with it; both suppressed and unsuppressed. My thoughts:

Pros:
    • Monolithic Chassis
    • MLOK forend
    • fluted barrel
    • standard 5/8'' threads
    • takes AI mags (including PMAGs)
    • lighter than most rifles in its' class
    • accuracy has been solid (shown in video)

Cons:
    • stock looks funny but is functional
    • factory magazine, when fully loaded, swells to the point of being very difficult to insert/seat

Full review:

Last edited by Mrgunsngear; 03-24-17 at 15:22.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Great video as always. I've been thinking about getting into the 6.5cm game and this or the Bergara HMR are at the top of my list.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Great video as always. I've been thinking about getting into the 6.5cm game and this or the Bergara HMR are at the top of my list.
    That's on my list as well. Problem is the list keeps getting longer!!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Did you use the supplied scope base or get a different one. I have the 308 version of this gun and found out the scope base it comes with is a 0 MOA one. I wanted to use an EGW 20 MOA base but this gun uses larger base screws than normal so now you have to get the drilled out egw base which is a couple weeks lead time. If I dont need the 20MOA base then I'll stick with the stock 0 MOA one.
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim and Personal Protection in the Home
    Full time instructor for Florida Firearms Training
    21 years as USAF Combat Arms Instructor and First Sergeant

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFshirt View Post
    Did you use the supplied scope base or get a different one. I have the 308 version of this gun and found out the scope base it comes with is a 0 MOA one. I wanted to use an EGW 20 MOA base but this gun uses larger base screws than normal so now you have to get the drilled out egw base which is a couple weeks lead time. If I dont need the 20MOA base then I'll stick with the stock 0 MOA one.
    supplied

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One of your cons was the stock, but from the picture, it appears that it might be interchangable with other standard AR15 stocks. Is this the case? Or does it just appear that way?

Feedback Score
    I believe they are interchangeable stocks fallenromeo.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenromeo View Post
    One of your cons was the stock, but from the picture, it appears that it might be interchangable with other standard AR15 stocks. Is this the case? Or does it just appear that way?
    It's a MDT LSS chassis, looks like the long version https://mdttac.com/lss-xl-chassis-system.html

For what they are they are very lightweight. I have a MDT HS3 for my tikka in 6.5. I'm still on the fence weather I like it or not yet.