Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moana (Review)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Moana (Review)

Moana has an interesting plot for a Disney animated movie. I'm not usually a big fan of the animated movies where the characters break into song out of the blue, but it's not over done and some of the songs pretty good. The Rock is great as the demigod Maui, and there's some funny dialogue. On that alone I'd say worth a view, but where this movie really stands out is in the animation. The CGI in this movie may be the standard setter from now on. It's really impressive and downright beautiful in some scenes. A-

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Agree on the animation- the water was *insane*.
    The characters were generally likable, with some good dialogue, as pointed out.
    I really need a horde of coconut pirates to unleash upon the world...

That being said, per the storyline, if you've seen The Croods, and played Farcry 3 (especially the part where you fight the fire demon), you've seen this movie.
    So, I'd say solid B, maybe B+

(And it was NOT better than Frozen, no matter what the internet heretics say... so there. )
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post

That being said, per the storyline, if you've seen The Croods, and played Farcry 3 (especially the part where you fight the fire demon), you've seen this movie.

(And it was NOT better than Frozen, no matter what the internet heretics say... so there. )
    All I want to know is how it ranks with Toy Story, Shrek and the Cars franchises.

Ah the joys of having kids. I'd rather watch a good animated movie than most of the other junk out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
    All I want to know is how it ranks with Toy Story, Shrek and the Cars franchises.

Ah the joys of having kids. I'd rather watch a good animated movie than most of the other junk out there.
    Don't need kids to enjoy good animation like that. I don't have any and don't need them as as excuse to watch such movies

I have been a big fan of good animation since I was a kid and never saw a reason to "grow out of it" personally.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post

I saw the Croods which i generally enjoyed. I think this was a far better movie both visually and story line wise. I could live without the singing, not being a fan of musicals of any kind for the most part, but music was actually pretty decent.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Don't need kids to enjoy good animation like that. I don't have any and don't need them as as excuse to watch such movies

I have been a big fan of good animation since I was a kid and never saw a reason to "grow out of it" personally.
    My son is going on 21, but we still watch more animation (and Star Wars) than anything. We have weekly Tom & Jerry and Looney Toon days at my house. Foghorn Leghorn should be required for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
    My son is going on 21, but we still watch more animation (and Star Wars) than anything. We have weekly Tom & Jerry and Looney Toon days at my house. Foghorn Leghorn should be required for everyone.
    Nice! I could watch Bugs Bunny and various related every day. Lots of grown up humor you didn't know was in there as a kid. Fog Horn and Yosemite Sam favorites. I met Mel Blanc in NYC as a kid once. He was very nice.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    have to watch it with the kids so they know there Maui roots

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I love the Road Runner cartoons.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by williejc View Post
    I love the Road Runner cartoons.
    so horrible violent OH they need to be banned

“I made a funny son and you’re not laughin’
    (foghorn)

hahahaha I have all the old stuff like that so my kids can watch it

also things like munsters and adams family stuff for them that I grew up with

shows like hogans heroes wild wild west etc..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast