Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: X-95 Mud Test (and AAR)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    Can anyone here describe a real scenario in the U.S.A. where you and your personally owned military type rifles would subjected to such adverse conditions in a life or death situation?

Like, where are you going that the likelihood of your gun being completely submerged in mud like that is a serious concern?

I mean, I understand test where you leave a rifle out in freezing temps, drop it in dirt, mud, water, etc but some of these test are just so ludicrous that it's a miracle that the rifle fired at all. Anybody that subjects a weapon to that level of mistreatment deserves to have it fail on them when they need it most.

Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you.
    Totally agree about the taking care of equipment part. But getting the job done takes priority.

And knowing how far you can push equipment before it fails can be important too.

IMG_0100.jpg

H

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Can anyone here describe a real scenario in the U.S.A. where you and your personally owned military type rifles would subjected to such adverse conditions in a life or death situation?

Like, where are you going that the likelihood of your gun being completely submerged in mud like that is a serious concern?

I mean, I understand test where you leave a rifle out in freezing temps, drop it in dirt, mud, water, etc but some of these test are just so ludicrous that it's a miracle that the rifle fired at all. Anybody that subjects a weapon to that level of mistreatment deserves to have it fail on them when they need it most.

Southeastern Louisiana.

Swamps er'where!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score

What if you have to cross a river and have to fire while exiting the river?

Like this example:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Southeastern Louisiana.

Swamps er'where!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    What if you have to cross a river and have to fire while exiting the river?

Like this example:
    Can't think of a scenario here in America that I would find myself crossing a body of water or swamp with a rifle, but if I did:

Again, if you cram enough shit into a gun or abuse it in a reckless manner something on it is gonna fail.

I can honestly tell you that the original video wouldn't dissuade from buying a Tavor. If I had one and subjected it to the bullshit that they did I wouldn't expect it to work either.

If I took a brand new Ford Raptor and drove it into a body of water deep enough to submerge the engine and it quits running then obviously Ford makes the shittiest truck on the planet, right?
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

You never know until it happens.
    Seems unlikely and probably is.
    I've taken a spill or two during basic and a few courses. I can see it happening in civvie life too.

Feedback Score
    Can't think of a scenario here in America that I would find myself crossing a body of water or swamp with a rifle, but if I did:

Again, if you cram enough shit into a gun or abuse it in a reckless manner something on it is gonna fail.

I can honestly tell you that the original video wouldn't dissuade from buying a Tavor. If I had one and subjected it to the bullshit that they did I wouldn't expect it to work either.

If I took a brand new Ford Raptor and drove it into a body of water deep enough to submerge the engine and it quits running then obviously Ford makes the shittiest truck on the planet, right?

Never can know what situation you will be in.

7n6
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 03-30-17 at 01:19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Never can know what situation you will be in.

7n6
    Situation could be anything, F the mud test...F the sand test....F the water test, Everybody should ask themselves if their firearms fail in a situation..do you have the balls to accept Death?

If you do....then be a man and fight to your last breath
    Last edited by bm176; 03-30-17 at 04:24.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    . The M1 Garand is the bestest battle rifle of all time, &c.
    I second that. Every man needs one. There's nothing that walks the planet Earth that you can't put down with 8 semi-auto rounds of 30.06!
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bm176 View Post
    Situation could be anything, F the mud test...F the sand test....F the water test, Everybody should ask themselves if their firearms fail in a situation..do you have the balls to accept Death?

LOL

7n6
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 03-30-17 at 13:48.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bm176 View Post

That made me cringe so hard, I sprained my bellybutton.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast