Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats it worth?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Whats it worth?

Came across a Kassnar Imports Hungarian SA-85 Underfolder in new, never fired condition, serial in the 12xx's. The asking price is $1,200. I don't know much about the Hungarian rifles, I usually stick to Bulgarians so any info is greatly appreciated. I'd like to know what it's worth. It's absolutely flawless, doesn't even look like anyone moved the safety lever. I think it would make a great addition to my collection. Don't know if orig. box/papers are available. Thanks all...

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I believe that is worth it, since it is more than likely a pre-ban gun. I had one that I bought new back in 1986 and it was 350.00 then. I wish I still had it. The guy that posts here about the Charles Daly carbines is actually the son (IIRC) of Mr. Kassnar who imported them back in the day. He can probably answer your question.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    UPDATE- Called to let the dealer I would be there with cash only to find out it was sold after I left yesterday. Thanks for the help everyone, for now the search continues...

Feedback Score
    Sorry I'm late to the thread.

The Hungarian SA-85M's imported by Kassnar Imports were all pre-ban. They were imported by my father's company in 1986. There were only 7,000 imported at that time. The next ones to come in the country are marked KBI, Inc, and were post-Bush-Ban, with thumbhole stocks, starting in 1992-3.

If you ever need more information on Hungarian AK's, let me know.
    Michael Kassnar
    President, K.B.I., Inc.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the info on it. I'll be keeping my eyes open for one (underfolder model) in the future. I should have jumped on this one when I had the chance...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a Kassner SA85M underfolder. It is one sweet rifle. No safe queen I shoot her.

Feedback Score
    I hate to admit it, but I had a "matched set", one an underfolder and the other a pistol grip model, serial numbers SL0001 and SM0001. I say had because after 22 years in the safe, unfired, I finally sold them, just a few months ago, for $5K.

Yeah, the price was good, but I'm still kicking myself in the ass for letting them go from my collection. I have serial number 1 from just about every gun that KBI ever imported. It's probably worthless to most people but means a lot to me.
    Michael Kassnar
    President, K.B.I., Inc.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    mine is SL 01966

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i had a fixed stock, dont remember the s/n range but i never should have let her go. threw it up on gunjoker w a ridiculous BIN price and someone snatched it, guess it wasnt too ridiculous...sweet shooter though

Feedback Score
    Hoping Mr Kassnar sees this, i found a sa85m kbi import, its mint, but it came with a side folder bakelite stock? And the weird colt pistol looking grip.
    I few ak so called gurus told me a few, slipped into us like that and he had one, its not the bb gun stock,
    Ive been doing aks since the 70s, have a bunch but this one threw me, was also told in and around 89 u couldnt even buy polytech type stocks, i tore it apart, not one scratch from anyone changing parts?
    Only u would know, no matter i love rifle but its nice but odd, correct rivit pattern also!!A older fella, im 60 said he was told about 30 or so slipped into usa like this one i have,
    I cant even find polt type stock for sale now!!??
    Thank you. Brad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast