Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Review: KynSHOT hydraulic recoil buffer RB5000

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    From a straight engineering point of view, yes, hydraulic dampers do absorb energy from the system they are damping in the form of heat. It is exactly like your shock absorbers on your car.

I am not going to go into a long explanation of how a shock absorber works, you can look that up a dozen places. I will state that when the oil is forced through the orifices between the two chambers, there is friction between the fluid and the walls of the orifice, and both are heated to a measurable degree. Typical car shocks with a four inch stroke will see a temperature increase of about 1.5 degrees C in one thousands cycles.

Depending on the viscosity of the working fluid, the size of the orifices, you might get a similar temperature rise in this little buffer. But, all said and done, that isn’t an appreciable amount of energy removed from the system.

By the way, the temperature of the plastic tip on a regular buffer also increases due to the effects of being deformed and relaxing over and over; it is probably a lot less that the temperature rise of the hydraulic fluid, but it is there. So, to say that a regular buffer does not remove energy from the system is technically incorrect.
    I am in total agreement with you. That being said, if the heat energy being absorbed isn't all that much, it shouldn't be marketed that way. It is primarily using the same principle of time to lessen felt recoil, it just is using a different medium to do so.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    This is excellent. I've always found the AR15 platform to be extremely firm in the recoil department. I'm glad people are working to such great lengths to solve this enormous problem.

This is about as far as I read.

Another football bat.

Feedback Score
    Seems like an expensive solution to a problem I don't have.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Recalibrate Sarcasmo-9000, brosef.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Drift View Post
    This is about as far as I read.

Another football bat.

Feedback Score
    militarymoron: Fair point, I would contact Kynshot about the details of the policy, but from my understanding the return policy is very simple and they stand behind their product. I was told it is patented, so it could very well be while these are stamped with "patent pending" and are old stock, the patent process is now complete. However I can not confirm this, but if you would like I would be more than happy to contact Kynshot for you about this to clarify.

Butch: There is no bolt bounce problem from my experience using this product. If you would like to know which LE/SWAT Depts or DoD customers or Competitive shooters are using these feel free to contact Kynshot, I'm sure they will be more than happy to share with you. Kyle Lamb's endorsement of this product says a lot in itself.

lysander: Correct very similar to a car shock, the major difference is it works on the compression stroke only.

Cheers
    For my Informative Reviews, check out the General forum here

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I saw that, but I think it's for a non-reciprocating shock absorber; not an AR-15 buffer.

Feedback Score
    Got some feedback from Kynshot on some of the questions:

"Our warranty policy is very lenient. It is pretty much a no questions asked 1 million round or 10 year guarantee. Most guys will never fire 1 million rounds through their AR-15 for two reasons. Cost of ammunition and the a million cycles would translate to about 50 barrel changes..."

I accept blame for the "patented" comment in the review, there was a breakdown in communication between myself and Kynshot so this is the status right now:

"The product design is patent pending at this point in time. We are just waiting for the patent office to complete the process, have already been assured that our new design is indeed patentable, and it is just a matter of time."

I didn't really want to share this part of my conversation with the forum but I believe it is warranted:

"There are also professional reviews in American Rifleman and California Shooters Journal that endorse the products. I saw some of the negative text from the forum readers. The one that really caught my attention was negativity about Kyle Lamb. Unbelievable! I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion but there are huge masses of people in our industry that have unprecedented respect for him. I guess some negativity is always going to be present in the forums. I have never heard such negativity about our products in all my days selling it. I guess that is the risk when you place reviews in forums."

I understand not all products are for everyone, but there is a lot of negativity in this forum in particular. Makes me really question about posting further reviews here. There are civil ways to have a discussion if you disagree with a product. However, bashing something you have never tried is bold. Just my .02
    For my Informative Reviews, check out the General forum here

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    I saw that, but I think it's for a non-reciprocating shock absorber; not an AR-15 buffer.
    It is the only patent pending for Kyntec . . .

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jetspeedz View Post
    I understand not all products are for everyone, but there is a lot of negativity in this forum in particular. Makes me really question about posting further reviews here. There are civil ways to have a discussion if you disagree with a product. However, bashing something you have never tried is bold. Just my .02
    Thanks for the update and information. I think you'll always find some skepticism on any forum you go to; and how folks react is also dependent on how the review is presented, who the person is, or how long person has been a member here. It's no different than walking into a room full of enthusiasts who have been around each other for a long time. After a while, they get to know each other, who knows what he's talking about, and who's full of b.s. When someone who hasn't been a member for long starts expressing an opinion on a product, the only way the community here can 'feel them out' is to ask questions. There's a great breadth of knowledge and experience here, which makes this such a good technical forum, and not everyone will always agree on everything. Yes, we can sometimes be a bit ornery. I do hope you stick around and get the lay of the land. It's obvious that you want to contribute to the knowledge base here, and that should always be a welcome thing.

Yes, I agree to a certain point that you shouldn't bash something you've never tried, but let's be honest - there are some products you just don't want to try and will rule out right away; based on past experience. In the case of the KynSHOT, it just happens to be a product that looks exactly like another one that people have tried; hence the questions about its design heritage. If it looked markedly different, the thread might have taken a different tone as it would be a brand new product to all of us. Personally, I like trying any recoil-reducing product that looks like it works and is designed well.

If anyone shows disrespect for industry professionals like Kyle Lamb here, please report the post and the mods will deal with it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234