Thread: Atibal Sights

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Atibal Sights

Hey Guys,

I was offered an opportunity to essentially rep sights and scopes from Atibal. You may or may not have heard of them, but either way, they seem to be a good company. Their focus is to build the most quality scope possible for the most affordable price. I believe some scopes are China made and some are Japan made, but all QC is done in the USA. Scopes include a lifetime warranty.

Anyway, I have an Atibal MROC 3x32 on the way. Basically, this is a version of an ACOG with the chevron BDC reticle for 5.56. Note that the idea of this optic is to get an ACOG style sight at an affordable price (1/3 of the price). Please, let's not make this an ACOG ripoff battle.

So, this is where I'd like to hear some input from you guys. What would it take for you to try it? What would you like to see out of it? I plan to put this sight through hell. You guys surely have more rigorous uses for optics than I do. What signifies a true testing of an optic to prove its abilities and qualities?

I should note that I have a TA31H-R to compare to, but I am not going to thrash that right now, just saying.

Admins, I hope I'm not breaking rules here. Please let me know if I am.
    It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    I'm A HUUUUUGE Trijicon fanboy. But I'd be interested in how these measure up as affordable rifle optics for casual use.
    Really, this optic would have to hold zero and not break through fairly rough use for me to even consider it. Glass clarity, reticle style and illumination, and (QD) mount quality are very important.
    Can we get more details? Pictures?
    Last edited by masakari; 03-25-17 at 21:24.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    I'm A HUUUUUGE Trijicon fanboy. But I'd be interested in how these measure up as affordable rifle optics for casual use.
    Really, this optic would have to hold zero and not break through fairly rough use for me to even consider it. Glass clarity, reticle style and illumination, and (QD) mount quality are very important.
    Can we get more details? Pictures?
    Here is a link. That is the best I can do right now for info. I have an ACOG with a LaRue QD, so I can verify if it fits. I can also compare clarity and reticle. Illumination on the Atibal is battery powered... but part of the reason it is cheaper.

Tell me, what would you like to see me do to it for testing? What would PROVE this optic for you?
    It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Again, the first thing that I (we) need is details and specs regarding relevant attributes.
    After that, testing should involve actual use and abuse, such as attending a few carbine courses and reporting back. That way, you can describe how the optic held up in various shooting positions, after being banged off of things, etc, and what shortcomings it has.
    Finally, you could follow by internet example and AFTER all that, try to just beat the optic up by using it as a hammer, dragging it behind a truck, etc and checking for proper function and zero.
    I think that'd cover everything.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Weight? Did not see that in the specs section.

As we know, along with standing up to abuse ACOGs are pretty light so I think weight needs to be part of the comparison.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights