Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick trigger guard roll pin question

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quick trigger guard roll pin question

Hey all

Just recently swapped out my trigger guard on my LE6920 to the magpul aluminum enhanced trigger guard to give my fingers some extra space. Trigger guard went in just fine and barely, and I mean barely has any movement or wiggle at all so it's nice and snug on the fitting. Question is I used the provide roll pin and I know it technically should be flush on both sides of the lower but in fact it isn't. One side of the lower the roll pin is just below being flush whereas on the other side the pin is a bit deeper. Does this at all matter meaning trigger guard isn't going to pop loose after firing about a 100 rounds through it right?

I should've matched up the sizes of the roll pin from the factory to that of the magpul one just to check.

Feedback Score
    That sounds fine, I usually set them just below flush.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    That sounds fine, I usually set them just below flush.
    This. I dont think i have any that are flush on both sides and that includes 4 of the magpul enhanced aluminum ones.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Mine fit just below flush. I've had them stick out just the tiniest bit too, but nothing a little filing can't fix. I've found that Magpul, as much as I like and use their products, sometimes they need a little extra "persuading" to fit just perfect.

Feedback Score
    The length of the spec pin is below flush on both sides.

Feedback Score
    All of mine are equally countersunk on both sides.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I don't have any that are flush either. Mostly DSG Arms, a Magpul or two and a KAC-a-lac trigger guard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nah, you're good. The rear trigger guard roll pin isn't a high load bearing part, and sitting below-flush is normal... preferable, even. I imagine if it had a chance of sticking out on either side, it could snag on gloves or skin.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I even tried tapping it in a bit more to even the sides out and the punch bent. Cheap set anyways. Only thing is I feel like I kind of made the hole on the side I tapped into a bit oval shaped. Touched it up with flat black on both sides. Here's a few pics. First pic is the side I tapped the pin in. Second is the side it's shorter on.
    IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

Feedback Score
    Looks fine from here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast