Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Hills 5.56mm 77 gr TMK and 69 gr TMK Review

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Last weekend we fired the 77s out to 1325 yards again. It was a quiet day where we got an audible on the main gong. No other 5.56 load has enough ass to confirm hits at that target.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Last weekend we fired the 77s out to 1325 yards again. It was a quiet day where we got an audible on the main gong. No other 5.56 load has enough ass to confirm hits at that target.
    I’m not a lomg Range guy at all so this question might be wrong but how high above that target were you holding?
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    I’m not a lomg Range guy at all so this question might be wrong but how high above that target were you holding?
    Shooter app says 75 feet of elevation. But this is done with a long range scope where we dialed in 19.3 mils.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I'm dialing 5.7 MIL (13.6') at 800 yds (furthest I've shot the 5.56) with IMI 77 gr.
    Think this was with a 20 MOA mount.

Getting hits at 1300 yds.+ with a 5.56 is pretty salty.
    The winds we have here would make that difficult as hell.

Nicely done guys.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Shooter app says 75 feet of elevation. But this is done with a long range scope where we dialed in 19.3 mils.

PB
    Dang that blows my mind. The most elevation I've dialed with 77gr in my SPR was in the ballpark of 12 mils. And I was missing my plate so much decided to move closer. The wind wasn't heavy but it was constantly changing. Misses were a little left, a little right, a little left ect, always changing the windage hold. How big was your plate?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post

PB
    Thanks for putting that into plain English.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2000 View Post
    Dang that blows my mind. The most elevation I've dialed with 77gr in my SPR was in the ballpark of 12 mils. And I was missing my plate so much decided to move closer. The wind wasn't heavy but it was constantly changing. Misses were a little left, a little right, a little left ect, always changing the windage hold. How big was your plate?
    The plate is a homemade deal a buddy of mine made, I would guess about 1.5X IPSC targets.

We have been wind screwed many times as well. Everybody has!

We have been trying to hit a tiny plate, smaller than a head shot for weeks. After we hit the big plate and know our DOPE, we move over to it. We dance around that SOB week after week. Last week, Mark sent it flying, we drove up and it must have been an inch off. Aim small miss small is legit stuff.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I'm dialing 5.7 MIL (13.6') at 800 yds (furthest I've shot the 5.56) with IMI 77 gr.
    Think this was with a 20 MOA mount.

Getting hits at 1300 yds.+ with a 5.56 is pretty salty.
    The winds we have here would make that difficult as hell.

Nicely done guys.
    I second this. Good job fellas. I just shot 700 yesterday with 77smks and was dialing 5.4 mils with a 14.5 barrel. We're also at 7k feet here.

1300 is impressive. My 14.5 would run out of legs long before that range.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    I second this. Good job fellas. I just shot 700 yesterday with 77smks and was dialing 5.4 mils with a 14.5 barrel. We're also at 7k feet here.

1300 is impressive. My 14.5 would run out of legs long before that range.
    This is not something we can do with regularity, the atmospheric conditions have to be perfect. There have been times when we couldn't even see our misses. But it is a testament to BH ammo. Our house load will often tumble in transition. But it gives us a big laugh when we hit it.

PB

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast