Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Hills 5.56mm 77 gr TMK and 69 gr TMK Review

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    I thought you guys had a Labradar too?
    No. Wow... I just googled that. I've never heard of it. Very interesting.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    No. Wow... I just googled that. I've never heard of it. Very interesting.
    Ok, my bad. I saw another "markm" on different forum discussing the Labradar & I thought it might be you.

Dang, I was just out in your neck of the woods last week for 8 days. I could've brought mine with for you to try out. They're awesome. I'll never use another chrono again.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Good poop. It would be nice for people to actually go out and break glass ceilings instead of blaming the Russians. I need to get you some of that FN M855 to get some DOPE on it.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    My model of Magnetospeed won't work with suppressors.
    The Magnetospeed is great but the software the have for the Iphone blowz.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    The Magnetospeed is great but the software the have for the Iphone blowz.
    I don't mess with any software. We'll shoot a string and make the call right there. Pen and paper for the info, and then clear the string out.

We're heading back out today. I can't wait to shoot the 69s again.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Very cool, I'm looking forward to reading the results when you gents get them posted.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'll post some data tomorrow. We knocked out a chrono-rama session today... walking down in barrel length from 16 to 10.3.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Good data to follow, but a word of caution, mark drilled the 500 yard target with a RDS on his first 3 hits with his BH ammo, so some braggin to follow amongst the data.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Good poop. It would be nice for people to actually go out an break glass ceilings instead of blaming the Russians. I need to get you some of that FN M855 to get some DOPE on it.
    I almost bought various ammo at Sportsmans to try among the Black Hills, but I was busted disgusted and could not be trusted, so I passed. But we'll take your generous offer. You must want us to try Russian ammo, we will stick with their primers LOL.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 04-01-17 at 23:48.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Good data to follow, but a word of caution, mark drilled the 500 yard target with a RDS on his first 3 hits with his BH ammo, so some braggin to follow amongst the data.

PB
    Yes! With the spring mirage starting to make our efforts challenging, it gets hard to make difficult shots. We took the dope from last week and knew these amazing 69 gr TMKs were going to please.

So knowing the round needed 2.7 mils out of a 20" bolt gun, I used a reticle to find a 3.0 mil holdover (estimate) for a 14.5 gas gun. Jumped back on the 14.5 BCM KMR middy, got a wind call, and rang the 500 first shot. A total of 3 times in a row with a holosun RDS. I was really please, and quit after 3 in a row so I wouldn't screw it up.
    Last edited by markm; 04-02-17 at 10:53.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast