Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Time Hog Hunting

Feedback Score

Spring Time Hog Hunting

The weather is beautiful and these hogs are out in full force. Who is out eradicating these fearless beast that destroy anything and everything they come in contact with? If your not hunting hogs how are you enjoying your free time?

Feedback Score
    No hogs down but caught a opossum yesterday morning.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroMan556 View Post
    The weather is beautiful and these hogs are out in full force. Who is out eradicating these fearless beast that destroy anything and everything they come in contact with? If your not hunting hogs how are you enjoying your free time?
    I'd love to help eradicate hogs, but unfortunately, it's not something one does here in TX unless you know someone who owns land and is willing to let you on, or you pay to lease some land, or you pay for a hunt on someone's land. And as I really don't eat much meat these days, it's simply not something I'm looking to spend much money doing.

But more power to those who are out there blasting these wild hogs...they are truly a nuisance to many landowners here in the Republic.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    I'd love to help eradicate hogs, but unfortunately, it's not something one does here in TX unless you know someone who owns land and is willing to let you on, or you pay to lease some land, or you pay for a hunt on someone's land. And as I really don't eat much meat these days, it's simply not something I'm looking to spend much money doing.

But more power to those who are out there blasting these wild hogs...they are truly a nuisance to many landowners here in the Republic.
    That's not entirely true. There is public land in Texas that can be hunted year round for hogs. I can think of four different public areas within a one or two hour's drive of Denton County that I can go hunting on. That being said, I did get these within the past two weeks on a friend's place just 15 minutes from my house.

Last edited by TexHill; 04-30-18 at 00:16.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post

Tonight is my first night back out on the lease since spring turkey ended here in central FL. Drier than a dog fart here the worst drought in 20 years right now ~ 9" low for our county, but gonna give it a shot and hike the swamp after dark. Our lease has been decimated by them the past couple of years the $$ lost on forage grasses, herbicides, replanting, fence/hot fence destruction....it's crazy. Time to feed the buzzards and yotes!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    That's not entirely true. There is public land in Texas that can be hunted year round for hogs. I can think of four different public areas within a one or two hour's drive of Denton County that I can go hunting on.
    Yes, I should not have stated things in absolute terms. There are public areas folks can hunt in. When I started looking into it a few years back, there seemed to be restrictions like numbers of folks, species allowed, etc., all above and beyond the standard hunting refs.

Maybe I'll take another look at this. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Nice Hogs down Tex. Keep feeding the buzzards and worms. I'll handle those coyote's once they get nice and fat off these hogs.

Feedback Score
    I try to get out once or twice a month at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Any new hog kills for the month of June?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I went down in Texas last July, it sure was beautiful country. Is there a "peak" summer time for hogs? I feel like it was so hot they just focused on water and shade sources to move between.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast