Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spring Time Hog Hunting

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunMiddie View Post
    I went down in Texas last July, it sure was beautiful country. Is there a "peak" summer time for hogs? I feel like it was so hot they just focused on water and shade sources to move between.
    Hogs don't regulate their body temperature by sweating like humans do so they have to cool themselves in water or mud during the heat of summer. The best time to hunt hogs during the summer is in the early morning when temps have dropped a few degrees.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    I found two new places to hog hunt so I'm gonna get after it. I'll keep you guys posted.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Went out to do a little coyote hunting this evening and came upon some little piggies.

I took this young boar with my Daniel Defense M4v7LW, Sig Echo I thermal, and Hornady Full Boar ammo.

This 500 lbs. monster was shot last month in Howe, Texas, which is about 20 miles from where I live. I did not shoot it. It is my understanding that the person who did, shot it with a 7mm Rem Mag.
    Last edited by TexHill; 04-30-18 at 00:17.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post

This 500 lbs. monster was shot last month in Howe, Texas, which is about 20 miles from where I live. I did not shoot it. It is my understanding that the person who did, shot it with a 7mm Rem Mag.

Curse of the Werepig!!! That thing is a massive beast!!!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Sweet baby Harambe, that's a lot of pulled pork sammiches.

I used to shoot at a place called Ralph's Range near Howe many moons ago. I miss that place. Ralph was a good dude.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Anyone in Texas want a hog hunting partner? Have suppressors, downrange military experience, and will travel!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    That's not entirely true. There is public land in Texas that can be hunted year round for hogs. I can think of four different public areas within a one or two hour's drive of Denton County that I can go hunting on. That being said, I did get these within the past two weeks on a friend's place just 15 minutes from my house.

@texhill
    wow- what did you shoot this last head shot with and how large was the hog?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    @texhill
    wow- what did you shoot this last head shot with and how large was the hog?
    That was just a piglet, and I shot it with my M1 Garand. The old girl was made in October of 1942, but she still has it in her.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Looks like face planted on an IED!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Looks like face planted on an IED!
    I used Hornady's Full Boar ammo on that one, but lead soft points probably would have done the same thing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast