Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Survival/general purpose fixed-blade knives

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Perhaps under the "you get what you pay for" it should be noted the GSO costs considerably more $, so a bit of an apples/oranges thing there.
    True. The nice thing about blades is that there are great products for every price point. A basic Mora is good enough for most, and very inexpensive. However, if you are looking for most bang for the buck in hard use knifes, then have a look at the Finnish ranger knife: https://www.varusteleka.com/en/produ...on-steel/56524.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan74 View Post
    True. The nice thing about blades is that there are great products for every price point. A basic Mora is good enough for most, and very inexpensive. However, if you are looking for most bang for the buck in hard use knifes, then have a look at the Finnish ranger knife: https://www.varusteleka.com/en/produ...on-steel/56524.
    Looks like a good deal. Though I don't have one, looks damn near impossible to go wrong that Becker Bk2. I have an ESSE 4, which is what's in my BOB currently, and seems a decent value to quality etc. I also have what may be the standard in bomb proof knives, and for what it is (semi custom) not an outrageous price, a TCFM 02 from Crusader Forge:

http://www.crusaderforge.com/TACTICA...EDBLADESCF.htm

Current wait time, 2 years
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    ESEE 3 very handy and just enough blade for most tasks.

Feedback Score
    I've always been a fan of the Puma knives.
    I expend tremendous amounts of energy and time merely to be normal.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Trollsky Raider

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BG94591 View Post
    Trollsky Raider

OT a bit, but is that a German SIG with E2 grips?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
    I'm on the hunt for a new jack-of-all-trades fixed blade. Something with a good Kydex or injection molded sheath and a secure belt clip for EDC and hiking. I prefer knives roughly inside the 3.5-4.5" blade range... It'll bed used primarily for camping and monotonous everyday crap but also basic fieldcraft / light bushcrafting and dressing game a few times a year. Needs to be up to basic survival tasks if necessary. Size and overall utility is my main focus, weight isn't a huge concern but less mass on my belt is always a good thing. Doesn't have to be concealable. I've come up with the following short list and I know they're all drastically different but I'm looking for opinions to steer me in the right direction or open other suggestions entirely:
    ESEE 3 Mil
    Mora Bushcraft Black
    Tops Lite Trekker
    I think you’re on track I have two of the three knives on your shortlist and I believe you only need to spend $300-$400 bucks on a knife if you want to spend $300-400 on a knife. The ESEE will exceed your expectations and for the price - and for twice to 3 times the price, the Mora will exceed your expectations. I have two ESEE’s. A 6P bush knife, and a 3 which is my carry knife when I travel. I’m not crazy over Micarta handles. Tough as nails but you need some tape - hockey tape or I use some tape I picked up from optactical.
    My larger ESEE has been ran through the wringer. It’s not a pretty knife to put on display. It’s been beat up, but the 1095 carbon steel is a FINE steel. If it works why change it up? If I haven’t broken my ESEE yet, or gotten the steel compromised to the point where it won’t take a shave-your-face edge - why would I drop $300 coin on anything else? Answer is, I wouldn’t.
    Wrap up your ESEE handles and own one well made, hardcore knife, that I believe will take what you dish out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Looks like a good deal. Though I don't have one, looks damn near impossible to go wrong that Becker Bk2. I have an ESSE 4, which is what's in my BOB currently, and seems a decent value to quality etc. I also have what may be the standard in bomb proof knives, and for what it is (semi custom) not an outrageous price, a TCFM 02 from Crusader Forge:

http://www.crusaderforge.com/TACTICA...EDBLADESCF.htm

Current wait time, 2 years
    Does “not an outrageous price” mean <= $800? I had a difficult time finding a Crusader for less than $800 bucks. For a potential every day use/Survival knife.... that’s a lot of peanuts. and I may have missed the models that are what I’d call not outrageously expensive. Then again, with a 2 year wait, I guess I’m not surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Kastl View Post
    OT a bit, but is that a German SIG with E2 grips?
    Yep, and a Gray guns trigger. I just modified the gun how I wanted it to be, production date was 1994.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’ve been on a bit of a knife kick lately and here are a couple more that I’ve got.

The one on the left is made by Kim Breed, former 5th SF group. I sent him some of my grandfathers (he passed away) old files and had him make 4 knives for me and gave them to my dad, brother and nephew. It has blue tiger maple handle

The one on the right, I won in a raffle from Tindall knives out of Idaho. It’s a Tindall knives Lost River Bushcrafter. The Tindall arrived shave sharp and has an Oak handle and made with O1 tool steel. Nice blade and you can see some of the torture tests he puts his blades through on his IG page.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast