Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I hate Kimbers!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My wife had a Covert II, never could get it to feed properly. Tried 4-5 different magazines, Wilson Combat was the only reliable magazine (for this pistol).
    She now carries a Rugar, and I have to burn through a couple hundred rounds of .45 next month.
    Winning may not be everything, but the endorsements are better.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Just goes to show you that multiple full page ads in every gun rag on the planet doesn't mean shit.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bought my Kimber super carry pro in 2012 at the Bass Pro in Shreveport La, first time at the range it worked okay but after awhile it kept failing to extract the round completely.

I picked up a couple Wilson combat mags, didn't help.

Then I replaced the recoil and firing springs with a Wolff kit and and installed a Wilson combat bullet proof extractor, fixed and never had another issue.

For the price I should have never had an issue to begin with, love the gun now but I would never buy another Kimber.

It took me a few months to research and try out fixes I had read about on line before I finally got it fixed.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    I had an ultra CDP years ago, beautiful pistol, did not run worth a damn. I have never looked at Kimber again.
    Test for Echo

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I had a Compact Stainless II for a while a few years back. Stainless officer frame with a commander slide IIRC. It ran well, but I didn't shoot it extensively. Ended up trading it for a HK45c.

So my one Kimber experience was more or less a positive one, but given all the horror stories I've read over the years, I'd be hesitant to buy another. In fact, I traded it away because I was reading so many stories of Kimbers shitting the bed that it made me nervous.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    1st Gen Kimbers were the best ones. After that their quality control slid downhill. My preference was Colts and Springfields. But to each his own.

Feedback Score
    i own two kimbers and they are awesome. well i would have they require attention and have to well taken care of to function properly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ACE31 View Post
    1st Gen Kimbers were the best ones. After that their quality control slid downhill. My preference was Colts and Springfields. But to each his own.
    Colt and springfield are great but you have to admit wilson combat bit all three.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Just goes to show you that multiple full page ads in every gun rag on the planet doesn't mean shit.

I always thought that was a dumb thing to post, of course it's not something you came up with on your own. Kimber can afford a shitload of adds because they sell a shitload of pistols. They are not all crap or they would have went out of business 15 years ago. I seriously doubt I would buy a newer one for what they are asking but I've shot a bunch of them over the years and the lower end models will hold their own with anything in the price range. I still have in the safe two Clackamas marked Kimbers and they both are very sweet shooters.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinspeed View Post
    I always thought that was a dumb thing to post, of course it's not something you came up with on your own.
    Dumb? It's spot on true. Advertising doesn't equal quality.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast