Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I hate Kimbers!

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonie View Post
    It's possible that Kimber has crunched the numbers and made a financial decision not to spend money on good CS. What percentage of Kimber owners shoot enough to uncover problems? What percentage of Kimber owners who do uncover problems were going to be a future customer anyway? If Kimber spends money on advertising instead of CS, is that financially smarter than providing good CS? I'm not sure you can really know for sure. I tend to believe companies like SA and S&W invest the money in CS because it's the right thing to do more than because it makes them money.
    I think you mean "QC" (Quality Control). Their "CS" (Customer service), that is the people answering the phones and handling the issues first, are really quite pleasant and efficient in my experience and others. They've even sent me a new thumb safety for my Warrior because I didn't like the ambi safety. The QC is what is lacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichDC2 View Post
    That rifle has won trophies for its game face alone!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonie View Post
    It's possible that Kimber has crunched the numbers and made a financial decision not to spend money on good CS. What percentage of Kimber owners shoot enough to uncover problems? What percentage of Kimber owners who do uncover problems were going to be a future customer anyway? If Kimber spends money on advertising instead of CS, is that financially smarter than providing good CS? I'm not sure you can really know for sure. I tend to believe companies like SA and S&W invest the money in CS because it's the right thing to do more than because it makes them money.
    I think that from a sales standpoint, Kimber's advertising helps to overcome the badwill created by their quality and customer services issues. However, you've missed my point about the cost. If they are in fact choosing to invest less in quality and customer service, the amount they're saving is almost certainly offset by the additional cost of repairs and lost future business. Think of it this way. It costs more money not to have good quality and customer service than it does to have good quality and customer service.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I think that from a sales standpoint, Kimber's advertising helps to overcome the badwill created by their quality and customer services issues. However, you've missed my point about the cost. If they are in fact choosing to invest less in quality and customer service, the amount they're saving is almost certainly offset by the additional cost of repairs and lost future business. Think of it this way. It costs more money not to have good quality and customer service than it does to have good quality and customer service.
    We have wayyyyyyy too many examples of that in the firearms industry not being the case much less the non firearms industry. As Mencken said:

"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American"

Marketing and BS wins over QC/CS most of the time sadly. There's a bunch of gun companies we could point to.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    We have wayyyyyyy too many examples of that in the firearms industry not being the case much less the non firearms industry.
    I didn't say they couldn't exist or turn a profit if they don't do quality and customer service right. My point is that they would be better off financially if they did, but it's not easy. Those running the business have to actually have knowledge about how to do it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I didn't say they couldn't exist or turn a profit if they don't do quality and customer service right. My point is that they would be better off financially if they did, but it's not easy. Those running the business have to actually give a shit.
    Fixed it for ya
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Yep, that too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sadly their products are overpriced. Save your money and buy a quality 1911 instead of getting instant gratification.

Feedback Score
    I'm no fan of newer Kimbers but to be fair they do sell a shitload of 1911s. I have a couple of their early models and they are well put together and will hold their own with any modern 1911 under a grand as far as accuracy. Their mini 1911s suck, as most do, and they can't seem to fix a dog to save their life. It's no wonder so many people can't stand the company.

Feedback Score
    Over the years I've owned just about every brand of 1911, including Kimbers. And out of all of them only two have never malfunctioned...my Springfield Champion (go figure) and my Para Nighthawg. I won't buy another Kimber.
    Mount Up...And Ride To The Sound Of The Guns

Feedback Score
    Sometimes I think it's just the luck of the draw. The fiber optic front sight fell off my Springfield Champion the first time I shot it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast