Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 F1 changes for the better (<-- Formula 1 Auto Racing)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

2017 F1 changes for the better (<-- Formula 1 Auto Racing)

"2017 features one of the biggest regulation shake-ups since the introduction of hybrid turbo power units in 2014. This time bodywork and tyres are the centre of attention, with both getting wider in order to boost downforce and grip, making the cars both faster and physically harder to drive. In fact, a reduction in lap time of around 3 to 5 seconds is expected…"

https://www.formula1.com/en/champion...n-changes.html

The season opener at Australia was interesting both with the changes to the cars but also with Ferrari winning. Good to see Vettel back on top, at least for now.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Corner speed went way up. From the rear, the cars looked very old school with the wide rubber. I wish they went with less aero to help with passing but whatever.

Glad I went to all those races with V10 & V8 NA cars in the 2000s. My buddies still head to Austin, but I haven't been yet.

I didn't up my sports package so I watched it on Univision. Its a bummer (I don't understand Spanish) and I am sure I missed a lot of good discussion from the crew.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    My buddies still head to Austin, but I haven't been yet.
    Heck, I live here and still haven't been yet. The bad old days at Mosport and Watkins Glen spoiled me.

Feedback Score
    Complete Goooblygook

Power units

A rule change has been made to prevent drivers stockpiling spare power unit elements. During any single event, if a driver introduces more than one of a power unit element that is subject to a grid penalty, only the last element fitted may be used at subsequent events without further penalty.

A number of changes have also been introduced aimed at reducing power unit costs, guaranteeing supply for customer teams, and closing the performance gap between engines:

- the power unit price for customer teams has been reduced by €1m per season compared to 2016.

- to ensure the supply of power units to customer teams, the homologation procedure now includes an ‘obligation to supply’ that is activated in the event of a team facing an absence of supply.

- the previous ‘token’ system for in-season engine development has been removed.

- Additionally, constraints on power unit part weights, dimensions and materials, and on boost pressure, are being introduced in 2017 and in 2018.
    Does this have anything to do with PokeMon Go?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Interesting. Might have to catch a few races this year and see if it is actually interesting again.

The 3 litre era was the zenith of the sport in my opinion from an entertainment standpoint, but I also think the 750 or 1000cc twin era was the high point of superbike racing.

Maybe I'm just getting old ?
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    As a Tifoso my pants were really tight Sunday morning. It's a long season, 19 races to go. I'll keep my excitement in check. It got really dusty in the house watching Seb cross the finish line on the final lap. My cat, named Kimi and I were watching the race together.

It was good to see the human Kimi set the fastest lap.

I laughed my ass off the Max asked his race engineer as to what the fastest lap was, hoping to set a new benchmark before the end of the race only to hear his engineer come back with "too fast" lol

The drivers are saying it will be much harder to pass this year because the wake coming off the cars is worse than last year. China 2016 features something like 120 passes so it will be a good litmus test as to what passing will look like with the new aero formula.

FORZA FERRARI!!!!!!
    Last edited by Alex V; 03-27-17 at 21:05.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Bahrain

Wow! What a race!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Dude!

I was on the edge of my seat about to poo my pants.

First Trump drops a MOAB on some goat f#%kers and now a second Ferrari win in three races. Awesome week!
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    First Trump drops a MOAB on some goat f#%kers and now a second Ferrari win in three races.
    Life doesn't get much better!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    All Ferrari front row in Sochi!
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...in-russia.html

Lap times were 5 seconds faster than last year!
    Last edited by austinN4; 04-29-17 at 09:59.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast