Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 2017 F1 changes for the better (<-- Formula 1 Auto Racing)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    After reviewing the footage and talking to all the involved drivers, the stewards deemed it a race incident. No individual driver was the main cause.

I'm not a red bull fan, but max wasn't at fault. Seb had no way of knowing that kimi had such a great start and was on the other side, which left max no room to move as seb turned into him to defend. This also isn't the first time that seb has pulled that maneuver, resulting in a collision and leaving lewis in the lead, which happened at the 2010 turkish grand prix when he took out webber.

You can see the start of the race here: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...singapore.html. Go to 1:14 to see the in-car view from max. The two ferraris pinch him in, he has no where to go, and he was clearly holding a straight line.
    I can't watch it anymore... its like the pinball scene from The Accused. Max should have backed off. He was beat, he should have backed off.

Seb was on poll, he had the right to protect his lead by moving left.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Max should have backed off. He was beat, he should have backed off. Seb was on poll, he had the right to protect his lead by moving left.
    This is my take also. Seb & Kimi both had him beat.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I don't remember where it was posted, but there's data showing max actually hit the brakes once he realized what was happening. The problem is the rear wheels are wider than the front, so once the Ferraris were close it was impossible to get clear. You have to remember this happened within a few seconds of the start.

You can say seb had a right to defend, but again, max had no where to go. I'm a Ferrari fan too, but blaming max for everything is wrong. Watch the camera view from Max's car and tell me you could have reacted fast enough to prevent the collision.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Watch the camera view from Max's car and tell me you could have reacted fast enough to prevent the collision.
    I am not a F1 driver nor am I paid the big bucks to be one. What I could or couldn't do is meaningless.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't remember where it was posted, but there's data showing max actually hit the brakes once he realized what was happening. The problem is the rear wheels are wider than the front, so once the Ferraris were close it was impossible to get clear. You have to remember this happened within a few seconds of the start.

You can say seb had a right to defend, but again, max had no where to go. I'm a Ferrari fan too, but blaming max for everything is wrong. Watch the camera view from Max's car and tell me you could have reacted fast enough to prevent the collision.
    You may be right, but Max has a track record.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You may be right, but Max has a track record.
    So does Sebastian. He did rear end a fellow driver and then smash him a few seconds later.

The reality of the situation is that it was a racing incident, irrelevant of their track records. Kimi got a great start. Sebastian didn't know Kimi was there and therefore Max had no place to yield. It's like a perfect storm of shit happens.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    So does Sebastian. He did rear end a fellow driver and then smash him a few seconds later.

The reality of the situation is that it was a racing incident, irrelevant of their track records. Kimi got a great start. Sebastian didn't know Kimi was there and therefore Max had no place to yield. It's like a perfect storm of shit happens.
    The rear ending was not on purpose. Lewis slowed down at the exit to the corner. The wheel banging was a well deserved hip check. Max has a record of dumb shit at the start of a race. He did it in Monza just one race ago. Hungary he took out his own team mate.

Seb did the same thing that any poll sitter would do. Move left to defend.
    Last edited by Alex V; 09-18-17 at 17:59.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    The rear ending was not on purpose. Lewis slowed down at the exit to the corner. The wheel banging was a well deserved hip check. Max has a record of dumb shit at the start of a race. He did it in Monza just one race ago. Hungary he took out his own team mate.

Bed did the same thing that any poll sitter would do. Move left to defend.
    The wheel banging following the rear end collision was extremely reckless. He could have knocked himself out of the race.

Additionally, they had the full telemetry from Lewis' car in that collision, and he did not brake check Sebastian. Earlier in the race they had a similar restart in that corner where Lewis took off and gained a decent lead. Sebastian clearly anticipated this happening again, which resulted in the collision.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Bed did the same thing that any poll sitter would do. Move left to defend.
    So you're saying that Vettel ramming a car with his is a perfectly reasonable hip check against a fellow driver because he couldn't control his own car. I'm thinking if anyone did that to Vettel you'd be wanting a ten race ban cause history.

Vettel did what other pole sitters have done. 90% of the time it works because a third car isn't blocking the #2 car from taking a different line into turn 1. Yesterday wasn't the case. It was the other 10% when the #4 qualifier got probably the best start of all the drivers and threw a monkey wrench into the mix.

Sadly after watching the replay, I'm not even sure that Vettel needed to be that aggressive in cutting Verstappen off. To my untrained eye it looks like he could have beaten verstappen to the corner and had a better line to boot.

It sux balls cause Vettel could have won and Ferrari could have had 2 podiums with nothing for Mercedes. Vettel could have retaken the points lead as well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If someone banged wheels with Seb the same way he did with Lewis I would not have cared. It's racing. Overall, the start of the last race was a racing incident but I can't help. It feel that if it was anyone other than Max in P2 it would not have happened.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast