Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 F1 changes for the better (<-- Formula 1 Auto Racing)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    How about Massa's loss to Hamilton in literally the last few seconds of Brazil 2008? I really wanted Massa to win.
    That's what mnoe82 and I are arguing about lol
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    That's what mnoe82 and I are arguing about lol
    Didn't see 2008 mentioned.

Feedback Score
    24 (96%)
    I'm glad I've got someone to mix it up with now Alex V. Hard to find many F1 fans here in TN.

Feedback Score
    24 (96%)
    Also interested in opinions regarding the upcoming Halo, or from what I'm reading, Red Bull's screen (which seems to have more backing).

I think visually the screen is more appealing by far.

I get the need for an advance in safety, but do you think it takes away from the essence of F1?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mnoe82 View Post
    Also interested in opinions regarding the upcoming Halo, or from what I'm reading, Red Bull's screen (which seems to have more backing).

I think visually the screen is more appealing by far.

I get the need for an advance in safety, but do you think it takes away from the essence of F1?
    I understand the need for safety following what happened to Jules Bianchi in Japan. I get it, but this is auto racing. It will never be 100% safe. If you want to make it totally safe out the drivers in a simulator. The halo Ferrari tested was just ugly as F. The RBR shield isn't bad but still ugly. Sure it may help prevent what happened to Jules from happe in again but it will cause other problems. In a crash where the car comes to rest upside down it will be resting on the roll hoop and front bulkhead. The triangular area created by that is the space the driver needs to crawl out of he is able. The shield or halo would prevent easy egress. It solves one issue but creates another.

Plus, it makes the cars look too much like LMP1 cars.

Feedback Score
    24 (96%)
    Any thoughts on Vettel's actions in Baku Alex?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Any thoughts on Vettel's actions in Baku.........?
    Not Alex, but I thought it was stupid. It should be interesting in Austria this coming Sat & Sun.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Any thoughts on Vettel's actions in Baku Alex?
    It was silly. It cost him the win if you think about it. Hamilton would have had to come in with his bolster coming loose. Seb would have inherited first. Having said that, I get the passion. I've done similar things when karting. You get mad, you take actions that aren't always the smartest.

The good thing is that I really think this got in Hamilton's head. He may be prone to making mistakes now out of anger. Plus, at the end of the day, Seb got more points than Hamilton. So good result.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    It cost him the win if you think about it.
    True, but more than that. He got nailed with more points on his superlicense:
    https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2017/...erous-driving/

"Already it is complicated by the possibility of engine penalties later this season, but the four times world champion now has 9 penalty points on his FIA superlicence in a 12 month period, after stewards in Baku hit him with three points and a 10 sec stop/go penalty for deliberately bumping wheels with title rival Lewis Hamilton behind the Safety Car.

"Another three points would take him to 12 and, as with road car licences, that means a ban, in this case for one race. The first of the points on his licence will drop off around the time of the British Grand Prix next month."
    Last edited by austinN4; 07-04-17 at 10:50.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I suppose I am more of a Seb fan than Lewis, but Seb should have received the black flag. Great race though, and the fact that they both had unplanned stops made it a great show.

I am glad that Ric won, he is the guy I am pulling for.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast