Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dedicated 9mm lower companies

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Dedicated 9mm lower companies

I've been doing some research and want to start a build on a Colt mag platform. already picked up 5 mags during the PSA sale. For a Colt platform, are there any other companies besides Quarter Circle 10 I should consider? I'm not finding a lot out there that's not a Glock platform. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    My CMMG 9mm AR has been pretty good to me. I picked it up as a pistol and then SBR'd it after ensuring it ran well. I'm pretty sure they sell parts individually, if you'd still rather build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    I bought a CMMG AR-15 DEDICATED 9MM LOWER RECVR from Brownells. It is sort of a stripped lower. Comes with the ejector, mag catch, etc. installed. Still needs trigger, stock, etc.

Paired it with a PSA complete upper that was causing problems, and it has run like a champ since with PSA and Brownells magazines.

I wanted to confirm the purchase from Brownells. During my search I noticed the lowers are on sale for $169.99 at the moment. Normally, $199.99.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

Feedback Score
    The 9mm CMMG bolts are on sale too.

Time was you couldn't find 9mm AR stuff in stock and now they are paying you to take it away.

Feedback Score
    AR9s are starting to get really popular. Shot Show 2016 was the "awakening."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OIF Vet | 0331

Feedback Score
    I curse the guy that made me shoot his suppressed 9mm SBR, cause I am now building one (for now).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I found another 'dedicated' company, Gun Point. Their receivers look pretty nice and they have a special on a upper and lower receiver set. But the Vltor upper in that set has a dust cover and deflector and I'm partial to the slick sided Vltor upper they offer separate.

Any thoughts on weather or not the deflector is needed? Both Gun Point and QC10 have slick side uppers.

Feedback Score

PSA Makes Good Dedicated 9mm Lowers

PSA makes very good dedicated 9mm lowers in both Colt and Glock patterns.

Feedback Score
    Well, there is actually Colt...
    BTW, I seem to recall Brownells making a mag block for standard AR lowers. That is what Colt uses, tho' it is pinned in.
    You will want to SBR it or get a brace; pistol caliber with a 16" barrel doesn't make much sense, and not having a stock makes even less.
    Spoiler alert; you will make an astounding lot of empties with a PCC.
    Moon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast